↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Modifications & Maintenance (L663) > Bumper colours
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Mrh1818

Scotland 
Hi All.

I'm thinking of getting a 110 x-Dynamic (either the SE or HSE)...in Santorini black...but its not clear to me whether the lower side panels beneath the door will be in the same colour of gloss black (so that the car all has the same colour). The last thing I would want is for it to be a different black that stands out like a sore thumb!

I believe it's a gloss black side trim (as opposed to the plastic on lower spec non x-dytnamic cars) but does anybody know if the black colour will match Santorini black? I think some of the extended black pack stuff is painted in "narvic black" - I've no idea how this compares or whether the sides on the X-dynamic trimmed cars would be this colour also?

Anybody got an x-dynamic in Santorini black they can advise on please?

Thanks
Post #1002126 28th Jul 2023 10:35pm
Garthlands

United Kingdom 
I have a santorini black X-Dynamic HSE, the black painted lower trim, wheel arches, etc is all in gloss black, not the metallic santorini black of the rest of the car. TBH you can only spot the difference when the car is spotlessly clean!
Post #1002288 30th Jul 2023 3:36pm
Mrh1818

Scotland 
That’s really useful, thanks. Would you have any pictures you could share please that maybe show how similar or dissimilar the two blacks look?
Post #1002627 2nd Aug 2023 1:03am
Garthlands

United Kingdom 
Will do, means I need to wash it first! Sad
Post #1002647 2nd Aug 2023 8:17am
Mrh1818

Scotland 
The more I look at the numbers and compare spec, the more I think the X-Dynamic HSE is the way to go...lovely looking car with all the toys you'll need - looking forward to seeing your pics Smile
Post #1002934 3rd Aug 2023 10:25pm
Mrh1818

Scotland 
HI Ryderoo,

I am thinking of having the lower door sills and bumpers etc painted in gloss black (with Santorini Black as main colour of car) - when you painted your stuff gloss black did you need a particular colour code and is this gloss black different to narvik black which I have also seen mentioned? thinking about some aftermarket gloss black trim also so want the painted stuff to match the 'bought' stuff and not have 2 slightly different colours of black!

Thanks
Robin
Post #1003265 7th Aug 2023 11:51am
Mrh1818

Scotland 
Hi All,

Quick update: I've received a quote from my local dealer in Aberdeen to have the extended black pack respray on a standard HSE 110.....£2,300 (inc VAT) was their starting point!!!!

This sounds crazy so I've started looking around for other JLR approved bodyshops that could do this in Scotland for a more sensible price.

Does anybody have any idea of what this 'should' cost or places in Scotland (preferably closer to Aberdeen they have rough pricing on or suggestions on where I could try?

Cheers
Post #1005052 21st Aug 2023 9:34pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Don't worry about JLR 'approved' just find a good one that people rate. Thumbs Up Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1005070 21st Aug 2023 11:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123