Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > and so it starts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Damo

United Kingdom 
and so it starts
Evening all,
New member post. I thought i was lucky enough to buy a new Pangea Green 110 d200 from Taunton Landrover back in March.
I've had a few little niggly faults, generally with the Pivipro system, so I thought i'd get it checked out at my local franchise, Sheffield. I also noticed, having run a Disco5 with the Mountain Rescue Team, that the start/stop system didn't appear to work.
I wondered if i'd inadvertently turned it off or something having used the Defender off-road quite a bit.
Unfortunately a fault was identified in the wiring loom, requiring a £5K wiring loom. I wasn't bothered about that with it being under warranty. My issue is that the car will need ripping apart at 3month old. With the dash, windscreen and most of the interior needing removing.
I've been in touch with the Manager at Taunton Landrover and escalated the issue with Landrover centrally, quoting consumer care Act etc.
Landrover have since been back to me stating that the car now needs a small wiring harness, a quick fix taking about an hour. My issue is i've been riding round in a brand new faulty vehicle from day one, not realising it had what sounds like a sinister fault to me. I had nightmares about reliability issues before I bought the thing. Currently waiting to see what Landrover customer care are going to come up with.
Anybody else had similar issues?
Damian
Post #911826 10th Jul 2021 9:01pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I’m not sure I see what the problem is a part has failed or faulty, warranty will fix it. It’s a small part, what’s the big deal Mike
Post #911829 10th Jul 2021 9:08pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
SSM 75349 - L663 21MY Stop / start functionality Inoperative
There was an SSM for this.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

You could ask if they have tried this first?

I'd ask to speak to the technician who diagnosed the initial fault or whoever decided the fix was a £5k wiring loom replacement and then it was just a 1 hour job - is it the same loom/job or just a sub-section of it? Is the work because they have actually found the fault or is it a swap and see fix?

The biggest issue with these things is usually the communication. You get told different stories by different people at different times and there's nobody there that takes accountability.

You either have to try and pin this down and understand the detail or just roll with it.
Post #911871 11th Jul 2021 9:15am
4B4B

United Kingdom 
It’s what comes with buying a brand new design and model of a vehicle unfortunately. There will be niggles, and in subsequent MYs there will be design modifications that address the more serious of these ‘bugs’ that get ironed out by the early adopters.

It’s a pain, and you would think on a vehicle that costs so much, everything would be sorted, but unfortunately it’s rarely the case. The main thing is that they own up to any issues and sort them. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #911922 11th Jul 2021 2:18pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
He's disappeared, l hope he got his Defender sorted but we'll probably never know
Post #925143 9th Oct 2021 9:07pm
Tim in Scotland

I thought that my auto stop start had failed back in May when the engine consistently failed to auto stop at traffic lights - it has returned to working normally now that temperatures are falling and I’m not using the aircon as much. I tried fiddling with the climate control settings and found that if I had the interior temperature more than 1 degree lower than the outside temperature indicated on the dash and the climate set to auto then auto stop stop wouldn’t stop the engine at standstill. If set to the outside temperature or above it no problem. I suspect that if the aircon compressor is running the Battery Management System reckons that the load on the battery is too high and cancels and auto stop rather than shutting down the a.c. compressor. If I switched off the climate and just had the fan blowing ambient outside air then Auto Stop/Start worked fine.

I wonder what the legal situation with leaving engines running while stopped is with respect to emissions is with the engine not auto stopping as this is a legal requirement now on new cars………… Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #925164 10th Oct 2021 8:14am
Damo

United Kingdom 
I eventually got the car sorted with a new wiring loom component, requiring removal of most of the interior. Everything seemed to be working as it should. Sheffield Land rover were excellent to be fair.
Unfortunately we were in a bad accident in the car in August. It is currently sat in Chesterfield, in bits, awaiting various steering and suspension components. The car was assessed initially, deemed repairable but then had to be sent to another repair company due to the complexity of the vehicle.
The supply chain issues are currently preventing any idea as to when the parts will be made available to complete the re-build.
Post #938603 20th Jan 2022 10:33pm
stng110

Australia 
Damn bad luck! Hope everyone was ok…and that those supply chain problems clear up quickly.
Post #940069 29th Jan 2022 6:48pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
That is bad news, l am glad you were both okay.

Hope the Land Rover is repaired without too much delay.
Post #973760 7th Dec 2022 7:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1