↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Some good news...and some bad news
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Just an update:
I have been in touch with their European rep, as I know of a small company who would be interested in importing the Brawley, either as in parts to build here, or as a whole. He wasn't pleasant - called the idea bizarre. Reckons they have deals lined up with Porsche and Jeep, and says they have 1,700 orders for rhd Brawleys in the UK, and all 2022 production is taken up Whistle . He says he worked for McLaren until three years ago and knows all about the UK automotive sector, and has done for 40 years.

So that told me, then!

Only things is...I just happen to live a mile away from Porsche's HQ in Reading, and I know a lady who works there. I contacted her and asked her to do some digging. Result...they know NOTHING about any deal, or any likely deal, with Porsche. Now left.
Post #916389 10th Aug 2021 6:52pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Story still ticking along in the press...what's not to like about:

"With 35-inch tires, 22-inch suspension travel, and 18-inches of ground clearance, the Brawley is surely trail capable. An electric motoring powers each wheel, and they provide a combined 404 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque."

Click image to enlarge

" Due to each wheel moving independently, the Brawley is capable of both tank turns and crab walk steering. To ensure the driver can see where they’re going during these fancy off-road maneuvers, the doors feature transparent lower panels for incredible visibility."

Click image to enlarge

https://www.overlandexpo.com/compass/the-v...t-for-one/
Post #933947 17th Dec 2021 6:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12