Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > advice Jet tent F25/x or Oxley 5/7
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jerry

2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 Adventure Phoenix Orange
advice Jet tent F25/x or Oxley 5/7
Hello,
I am keen to buy a Jet Tent to accommodate 2 adults, but sometimes 4 of adult size! It has to be easy for a single adult to put up.

Can anyone give advice on whether to go for a F25 and get the extra sides and front to make an annex for an additional sleeping area (when 4 are being accommodated), OR go for the F25X and just have the hassle of putting up a larger tent when only needed for 2. I hope that makes sense!

How easy is is the F25X to put up for 1 person ...or the front annex for the F25?

Does anyone know the difference between the Oxley range ie 5 vs F25 and 7 versus F25X - they look identical apart from colour options. Is the Oxley an improvement in any way?

Thank you for any advice.
Jerry
Post #909966 29th Jun 2021 2:11pm
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
I have an f25. Easy to put up on your own, sleeps 4 easily. The x is just too big a footprint for me. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #910041 29th Jun 2021 8:25pm
msb

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 PU Coniston Green
Agreed, F25 is a great tent and with the additional bits separate you have maximum flexibility.

It doesn't pack very small and so packing and carrying separate bits is easier too.

It's plenty big enough for two, plenty of room to stand etc, but there's quite a bit of potentially cold air in it; even more in the F25X though....

Ours isn't getting the use since we bought a trailer, (nor the additional panels) so it could be looking for a new home if you're interested.

Cheers

Mike
Post #910045 29th Jun 2021 8:49pm
bankz5152

2004 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Epsom Green
F25X over anything.

Ive had mine for a few years now and never regretted a single moment. The ability to be able to stand up in your own tent is brilliant. Its also large enough to fit a few chairs in if the weather turns bad.

Never been cold in it (compared to other tents) even at 6°C in the Pyrenees with a high wind or 3° in the UK.

Will also sleep 3 with great comfort and space, 4 fairly comfortably up to 5 but gets a bit tight for my liking. Thats just the tent alone, even though I have the Annex ive never felt the need.

I had mine up and down every day en route to Spain.

You can put it up alone but it can be a bit annoying especially if theres a wind. Can usually have the whole tent up in 10 - 15mins. Less if theres someone to help.

The only downside is the bag is AWFUL quality and imo too small for the tent. Unless you pack it down PERFECTLY iv never been able to get everything back in the bag. So the rest gets chucked in the boot.

Size wise its around the same size as a lifted 110 for scale. Instagram @defender_ventures
Empire Tuning - Agent
Post #910083 30th Jun 2021 6:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1