↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Newbie - NI Based - Possible 110 Order.... ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TD444

United Kingdom 
Newbie - NI Based - Possible 110 Order.... ?
Hello all....

Newbie to the site so go easy on me... Embarassed

I see a few fellow NI based members on here after doing a bit of reading...so hello...

I have just sold my Porsche Macan after 5 years of ownership - I previously came from an Evoque and my wife has just sold her Freelander so we have history with the LR brand.

We are now considering placing an order for a Defender 110 - like many, playing with spec options etc. and at present looking at a Dynamic X HSE 250 with a few options - 7 seats being one.

We are at odds on the colour - either black, silver or grey - saying that, our last 4 vehicles have all been black... I am a sucker for a black car... Laughing

Anything I should be looking out for on the spec side being new to the Defender configurator or the colour?
Also what are you all hearing on delivery times - i did hear towards end of this year but we are ok to wait until start of next year..

Thanks
T
Post #909292 24th Jun 2021 3:10pm
ashcurrie

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Santorini Black
Hi T,

Nice to hear from another NI member.

I am also a sucker for a black as I currently have a Santorini Black 110. I think they look great in black.

I can't really help too much with spec as my own is the basic model, I never tempted myself looking as far up into the HSE range Laughing

I added the following, off-road pack (roof rails, off-road tyres, and electronic active diff), tow bar and mud flaps. Tried to keep it as basic as I could.

Delivery took 5 months for us. I would recommend placing the order asap as you can change the spec up until a certain date. We wasted a good few weeks on the configurator trying to nails down the spec before we gave the go ahead for the dealer to order.

If you wish you are welcome to come see ours to see a black one in the flesh, NI isn't that big after all Laughing 1992 Defender 90 SW 200Tdi
2008 Defender 110 USW
Post #909294 24th Jun 2021 3:36pm
TD444

United Kingdom 
Hi,

Hello NI neighbour... Laughing

Lol - both our Freelander and my Evoque were Santorini Black...
What we are missing are real life vehicles to see the colours up close or real life pictures to judge - the computer generated ones dont show that well...

We have been spoiled with the extras on the Evoque (was Dynamic also) plus the Macan so dont want to lose what we had before plus gain any new ones...

Hoping to decide and place an order on something soon anyway..

Cheers
T
Post #909334 24th Jun 2021 8:35pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Re: Newbie - NI Based - Possible 110 Order.... ?
TD444 wrote:
Hello all....

Newbie to the site so go easy on me... Embarassed

I see a few fellow NI based members on here after doing a bit of reading...so hello...

I have just sold my Porsche Macan after 5 years of ownership - I previously came from an Evoque and my wife has just sold her Freelander so we have history with the LR brand.

We are now considering placing an order for a Defender 110 - like many, playing with spec options etc. and at present looking at a Dynamic X HSE 250 with a few options - 7 seats being one.

We are at odds on the colour - either black, silver or grey - saying that, our last 4 vehicles have all been black... I am a sucker for a black car... Laughing

Anything I should be looking out for on the spec side being new to the Defender configurator or the colour?
Also what are you all hearing on delivery times - i did hear towards end of this year but we are ok to wait until start of next year..

Thanks
T

Hi T

Another NI user here, mid-ulster based. I've a 110 on order, SE spec with seven seats. I went for Silicon Silver along with the off-road spec. I think the electronic diff is a desirable feature. My order was placed at the start of the month, but the dealer appears to have been able to get a slot and it is there intention to have my vehicle by September.

Whereabouts are you based?

I've been briefly chatting to @ashcurrie and a coffee meeting could be organised when we all get our defenders, to chat about how the new model is much better than the old one Rolling with laughter
Post #909372 25th Jun 2021 9:01am
TD444

United Kingdom 
Hi tooth_DR

Well hello - sounds like you are close to me then, I am in Mid-Ulster also... Smile
Sounds like the dealer in that area could be the same for us if you ordered there...

Would like to see what the Silver is like in real life - also have not seen a 7 seat one yet....
Doubt ours will ever be off road Embarassed

Good to hear you can get yours earlier - we are not bothered, if we do order one and comes this year great, if it is Jan its ok also...
They are still pretty rare in these parts, not too many of them on the roads as yet...

Has anyone went with the 22" wheels or went with the grey or black options?

T
Post #909378 25th Jun 2021 10:13am
NiallMeehan

Ireland 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Alaska White
Another 110 floating around NI
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2022 110 D250 SE HT in blue with white roof, adjustable height tow bar, rear locking diff, jump seat, wheel arch protection and classic mud guards. Delighted with the vehicle, very comfortable, tows very well. It's fitted with 20" alloys so I've a set of BFG's to fit.

I did look at 2021 a dealer had as a stock vehicle fitted with 22" wheels, not practical for using for work or taking off road. 130 TDCI High Capacity Pick up
D250 SE HT 110
Hybrid LWT on RR chassis, 3.5 v8
Post #909485 25th Jun 2021 9:36pm
mf7480

How did you get the adjustable height towbar? I could only spec a detachable one!
Post #909489 25th Jun 2021 10:49pm
ashcurrie

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Santorini Black
It's listed on the configurator under 'land rover accessories - carrying & towing accessories' multi-height tow bar kit £1,552

Hope that helps 1992 Defender 90 SW 200Tdi
2008 Defender 110 USW
Post #909492 25th Jun 2021 11:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1