↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Replacing output shaft this week, do clutch as well?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Angus_Beef

Norway 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Replacing output shaft this week, do clutch as well?
greetings everyone, I'm booking my truck Henry in to replace the mt82 output shaft with the LOF replacement and am considering the clutch as well.

Ive replaced already the rear half shafts with one piece ones. This isolated (mostly) any clunk to the output shaft. while I can certainly drive around the clunk and never hear it, im now aware of how loose it may actually be.

The LOF unit seems to be what is recommended by everyone I have talked to in CH, so thats the route I'll go down.

Pricing looks like this:
3h work a 140.- = 420.- (+mwst + some small things like transfer box oil) and the shaft itself is 400.-

Im on the fence about replacing the original clutch while we are in there.... 50k miles & bas170

EDIT: how much extra work is involved to replace the clutch? I was under the impression that for the clutch, the grearbox and tc would come out as one unit, therefore other than disconnecting the propshafts and tc linkage, there is not a lot of overlapping work. is that correct? Roaming around 🇳🇴🇨🇭
Post #908736 21st Jun 2021 9:47am
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
doing it now will save you money in the future, if it is the LR original it will need replacing as the springs will be on the way out, be aware some replacement clutches will rattle the transmission more than the LR original which can be most annoying and makes the engine sound awful at idle DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #908741 21st Jun 2021 10:19am
Angus_Beef

Norway 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
thats exactly what Im trying to figure out. if the overlap is 30 minutes it means spending 1000 now to save 70 later which has a negative ROI, estimating I can get another 5 years our of my current clutch Roaming around 🇳🇴🇨🇭
Post #908757 21st Jun 2021 11:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1