↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > A-Pillar panel ripped off at motorway speed! 😤
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
defender_enthusiast

United Kingdom 
A-Pillar panel ripped off at motorway speed! 😤
So it’s been a while since I’ve been on this forum so apologies if this has been covered!

But to cut a long story short. My first edition defender suffered from rattling from the passenger side A pillar when I collected it.

It went to the dealer a few times for a “fix” but it never really went away 100%.

Today I noticed the tapping / rattling louder and more frequently today from both sides of the vehicles A pillars - you can hear it in the video I tried to capture today… might have to listen past the road noise in the cabin!

https://youtube.com/shorts/DK_FthUl90U?feature=share

About an hour after this video, all of a sudden the A pillar trim ripped off, luckily still attached by one bolt! I wasn’t far from a services so pulled in and videoed the aftermath.

https://youtube.com/shorts/hubK9WQfElk?feature=share

Anyone else had this?!

Any recommendation to get the dealer to fix this properly?! Once and for all! Defender D240 First Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Wrapped roof in Gloss white. Few other dealer fitted extras.
Post #907687 13th Jun 2021 8:56pm
Tim in Scotland

If they Fixed it once under warranty then it still has warranty on that work, but the car is under warranty for 3 years from purchase anyway and this is a well documented issue, especially with USA cars for some reason - they also seem to have problems with a lot of cracked windscreens that aren’t covered by the warranty…. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #907699 13th Jun 2021 10:05pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
My D250 90 is going in tomorrow for recall on those A pillars and something to do with water ingress in another part of the car which I’m not aware of the area they are replacing. Also going in for the N571 recall. Dropping my car off later today will see if I can get more details
Post #907768 14th Jun 2021 1:33pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
If you search on here you should be able to follow the paper trail of SSMs, acquaint yourself with the latest update, check to see what version you have that's failed and ask to see the new parts before being fitted to ensure they are the most recent fix.

That might sound like quite a faff, so you could just take it in and let the dealer do their best.
Post #907804 14th Jun 2021 6:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1