Home > Off Topic > JLR to outline EV push during investor day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
JLR to outline EV push during investor day
Coming up on 26th February.

"When questioned about JLR’s future electrification plans, Chief Monetary Officer Adrian Mardell advised analysts to count on an replace through the investor day on Feb. 26. “Be excited. I am merely going to say that we’ve got a brilliant investor day arrange,” Mardell advised buyers on an earnings name on Jan. 28.

The corporate will give a full define of “how we’re pondering, how we’re shaping out and what you need to count on,” Mardell added."

https://www.onlineev.com/jaguar-land-rover...estor-day/
Post #883927 8th Feb 2021 1:51pm
Benrlelliott

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Aintree Green
Having attended previous investor days I struggle to see how it could come anywhere close to "brilliant".

Their EV strategy isn't new. What could be new is how they will deliver on it with lower capex budget as they've communicated.
Post #883935 8th Feb 2021 2:46pm
Supacat

Well the chap does have form on over stating and then under delivering:

"The new sensational Defender, I picked mine up yesterday, it really is as amazing as we’ve been saying, I can assure you of that. The orders we’ve received are about five times the number that we would have expected for a vehicle before start of sale date has been announced. You can see there are now more than one million people have completed their configuration online. I’ve mentioned before, lots of people generally start configurations, and very few finish. This is an unprecedented level of one million people completing that configuration. So, that’s another nice signal to us, which tells us this car is going to be super successful."
Adrian Mardell – Chief Financial Officer

I'm hoping to hear about Jaguar’s future and more EVs. ~ up to now having done nothing since the I Pace, I'd describe their EV strategy as being more defined by the absence of one.
Post #883943 8th Feb 2021 3:16pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Sounds like marketing lead bulls hit ahead of them offering the buying public shares.

And let’s face it a car that can do ‘up-to 30 miles’ on one charge really means 18 miles in the real world for a vehicle that will cost more than the standard vehicle and be less practical.

Apart from teaming up with another manufacturer I can’t see the news being that ground breaking, more wishful thinking.
Post #883944 8th Feb 2021 3:21pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
That ‘million people have completed the configurator’ is rollox too. And if anything is an embarrassment if it does not lead to at least 25% sales.

Look at the number of people that have a deposit on the Bronco in comparison, ie that how to get excited over a new vehicle launch.

At the King Of The Hammers over the weekend Ford even showcased an Everyman Challenge Bronco that they will sell to those that want to compete in that vehicle class in the future.

How is JLR driving sales, by posting 30 second You Tube videos.....

My wife is nearly into two years ownership with her Velar, do they ever pick up to phone to say hello, how are you getting on, do you fancy popping in for a coffee to see the current range. No of cause not.

It’s not as if they are busy at the dealerships at present , with lockdowns they don’t even want Joe Public to walk in without an appointment.

They have a lot of problems and not a lot of time to deal with them
Post #883949 8th Feb 2021 3:33pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Markb110 wrote "My wife is nearly into two years ownership with her Velar, do they ever pick up to phone to say hello, how are you getting on, do you fancy popping in for a coffee to see the current range. No of cause not".

I bought a new Defender in 2015 from Stratstone Doncaster (now JCT600) and has been serviced annually at Duckworths Markey Rasen. Neither of those dealers have contacted me to see if I'm interested in the L663. In 2017 my wife bought a new DS again from JCT600 and has been maintained by Duckworths and again neither of them have been in contact to see if she is interested in the face lifted DS. Surely it's much easier to convert existing customers.

The joyous statement by JLR about over 1 million people building cars on their configurator is a joke. Have they asked themselves how many kids configure a new Ferrari, McLaren or Lamborghini - I can't see many of them placing orders but seemingly JLR executives can.

Ostrich management at its finest. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #883995 8th Feb 2021 7:09pm
Benrlelliott

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Aintree Green
At one IR day Adrian walks onto stage, pauses, then pointed to the two royal crests above his head "no other automotive manufacturer in the world has these [pause for dramatic effect] ", clearly the fact that the UK automotive industry has shrunk over the last 20yrs and that royals tend not to endorse non UK biz alluded him...

They've all drunk the kool aid, and that runs deep in their forward looking guidance of their business.
Post #884007 8th Feb 2021 8:13pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Jeeez... positive bunch on here sometimes aren’t we?!

That said, would love to see a bigger push into EV space. A fully electric Defender would be awesome! Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #884063 9th Feb 2021 1:39am
Supacat

I'd characterise it more as jaded from a whole series of recent disappointments.

The fact that people are not willing to give up on a brand that's been an integral part of much of their adult lives must be one of the biggest positives possible.
Post #884074 9th Feb 2021 8:29am
Supacat

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Away from the headlines, the LR BEV has also been binned:

"Chief Financial Officer Adrian Mardell told analysts on an investor call that JLR has ended development of vehicles on the so-called MLA-mid platform, including a full-electric Jaguar XJ sedan and a full-electric Land Rover.

The MLA platform will be now be used solely by large Land Rover SUVs, including the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport.

The electric Land Rover was likely to have been the lower-riding "Road Rover" code-named L392, which has been reported in the automotive press but never officially announced. The Jaguar J-Pace electric SUV, also never officially revealed, is likely to be another casualty."

https://www.europe.autonews.com/automakers...etter-tech
Post #888622 2nd Mar 2021 1:59pm
Supacat

Click image to enlarge

"T&E’s ranking of the readiness of 10 major OEMs in Europe to transition to electric by 2030 [1], shows there are big differences in ambition and quality of their plans. Volkswagen and Volvo Cars have aggressive and credible strategies. Others like Ford have an ambitious phase-out target but lack a robust plan to get there. Stellantis, Daimler, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, and Toyota rank the worst with low short-term battery electric (BEV) sales, no ambitious phase-out targets, no clear industrial strategy, and an over-reliance in the case of BMW, Daimler and Toyota on hybrids."

https://www.transportenvironment.org/press...time-study
Post #908306 17th Jun 2021 1:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1