↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > App is telling my subs are due!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

App is telling my subs are due!
Every time I open the InControl App I get a warning window opens claiming that my subscription to InControl Remote will expire shortly - I thought that InControl Remote lasted for the entire warranty period like it did on my last RRS and 2nd Evoque, not the 1st 12 months (my car was delivered on 12 June 2020). App glitch or did I misread something somewhere? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #904143 20th May 2021 8:43pm
Scrumps

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cairns Blue
Tim,

Log in to your Incontrol account online and it will show all your account expiry information.

https://incontrol.landrover.com/jlr-portal-owner-web/login

I’ve just checked ours and it shows 5/3/24 from a 5/3/21 purchase.

Scrumps 90 D250 HSE Tasman Blue
24MY L461 RRS Verasine Blue
05 TD5 90 CSW Cairns Blue
1967 MGB BRG
1944 Willy’s MB OD green
1942 Willy’s MB OD green
Post #904148 20th May 2021 8:51pm
Tim in Scotland

Thanks Scrumps, didn’t think of doing that - checking there says 2023 for both InControl Remote and Secure, so it’s an app glitch. Also I’ve just checked the subscriptions page in the app and it shows 2023 too but I then shut down my device (iPad and iphone) and rebooted them and both still give the warning that the subscription is to expire so it’s a glitch in the app.
Screen shot of the app

Click image to enlarge

InControl webpage

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #904158 20th May 2021 9:27pm
Philm

United Kingdom 
It's probably the online data pack. Mine used to show ending in June 2021. I did query it when I bought the car and sales man said it auto-renews, Do I believe him Laughing I will see next month.
Post #904196 21st May 2021 7:03am
Tim in Scotland

Phil, when I bought my car the data pack wasn’t available on D240 First Edition, I couldn’t have had it if I had wanted it! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #904198 21st May 2021 7:10am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Thanks Scrumps, didn’t think of doing that - checking there says 2023 for both InControl Remote and Secure, so it’s an app glitch. Also I’ve just checked the subscriptions page in the app and it shows 2023 too but I then shut down my device (iPad and iphone) and rebooted them and both still give the warning that the subscription is to expire so it’s a glitch in the app.

What if that app glitch actually then generates a termination command on the due date?

How much grief will loosing the app until you can re-register cause you?
Post #904200 21st May 2021 7:18am
Philm

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Phil, when I bought my car the data pack wasn’t available on D240 First Edition, I couldn’t have had it if I had wanted it!

I got mine in June 2020, First edition.
The data pack on Mine and yours: Not the wifi package.

ONLINE PACK WITH DATA PLAN
Stay truly connected. You’ll enjoy access to everything you need, seamlessly integrated within Pivi Pro – including unlimited data for online media music streaming, weather updates and calendar information. It’s all designed to keep you informed and entertained. At all times.

As I said, mine used to have a date "June 2021" for some reason it no longer shows. Let's see what they want to charge for it or if it auto-renews. Don't hold your breath though Thumbs Up
LR-retrofits may need a visit for the external sim and wifi package Thumbs Up
Post #904204 21st May 2021 7:30am
Tim in Scotland

The subscription covers the full tracker system so it could have a knock on with my insurer withdrawing cover on antitheft grounds.
Just checked the app this morning after rebooting my iPad and phone and the warning has not been displayed - whether this has anything to do with raising the issue with JLR in-Control department earlier this week or accessing my account on the InControl website I don’t know. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #904206 21st May 2021 7:32am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Screen shot of the app

Click image to enlarge

InControl webpage

Click image to enlarge

Have you tried using the newer InControl Remote app? https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #904217 21st May 2021 8:21am
Tim in Scotland

Ever since last June it will not recognise my password - there are a few who have had this problem and the fix is to use the old version which will allow us to log in - I think Gareth had the problem but has now got the most recent app to work. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #904221 21st May 2021 8:53am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Naive of me to think it actually works. Laughing
One day I'm sure they'll release something that works flawlessly. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #904252 21st May 2021 10:53am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Once when my wife had her last Discovery Sport I looked at the Remote app and instead of it being her car it showed the car as a Discovery 5.

So I sat there and played with horn and the configurable seating……….totally childish I know. Mr. Green

Next day it was back to normal….

The other one you will probably see is it asking for a service. Just call the dealer to check if it’s within the service limits. Chances are they will just reset it.

Oh, and finally don’t rely on the dealership to reset the Remote when you pass the car on. I could see where our last DS was, where the car had been and where the new owners lived for the final few months before the subscription stopped.
Post #904291 21st May 2021 1:41pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Farmerben wrote:
Naive of me to think it actually works. Laughing
One day I'm sure they'll release something that works flawlessly.

Seems our cousins over the pond are having their patience stretched a little too far:

"Jaguar’s North American division faces a class action lawsuit claiming they know about a vehicle defect in the Land Rover InControl system but continue installing it anyway."

Named lead plaintiff, Blake George from Michigan, alleges the computerized display in his 2019 Range Rover started to glitch out 2,000 miles after he starting driving it.

The high-tech feature, known as the Land Rover InControl system, controls the radio, media, Bluetooth connections, navigation, and temperature levels in the vehicles in which it’s installed.

What’s Happening With Land Rover InControl?
Specifically, according to George, the screen regularly freezes and the system itself refuses to start up. Sometimes, only a black screen renders. The class action lawsuit explains how the InControl system goes through “crash loops” leaving many of the features inoperable.

George says the Land Rover InControl defect jeopardizes road safety, especially when it leaves him unable to make hand-free calls and disables the reverse camera.

George further claims Jaguar knows about the defect but continues to leave it unfixed and does not inform buyers that it exists.

Jaguar Allegedly Knew About InControl Issues
He cites in the class action lawsuit multiple sources and instances throughout the design and production process as evidence there were problems with the Land Rover InControl system.

The automaker touts a “strict 165-point inspection” process, George says in the complaint, that should have caught the glitch.

Furthermore, George says the data that Jaguar collects on warranty claims should have shown an “abnormally large spike in infotainment system failures” when the line of vehicles was released for sale.

Documented Land Rover InControl Complaints
Complaints were made not only to Jaguar but to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and details nine specific issues regarding the Land Rover InControl feature.

Jaguar itself sent four technical service bulletins on the InControl display. The first notice was sent in August 2018. The latest was issued last year in November.

All of the complaints gathered by George describe the same issue he experienced: blacked out screens, frozen features, cameras not working, unworkable Bluetooth connections.

“There is always another surprise waiting when I get in the car,” one complaint stated.

Another Land Rover driver reported her windshield going foggy on the road, leaving her unable to see and with no way to get the defrost working.

“The fact that so many customers made similar complaints indicates that the complaints were not the result of user error or anomalous incidents, but instead a systemic problem with the Class Vehicles,” George said in the complaint.

Fixing the Land Rover InControl System
Jaguar created a troubleshooting program and began to track complaints on Land Rover InControl, the complaint contends, but did not come up with a fix.

Instead, according to George, drivers with a glitchy Land Rover InControl system were told they can pull over when it happens and restart the car until the software update is released.

Even still, some drivers had the “parts replaced with equally defective parts” leaving them in a “cycle of use, malfunction, and replacement,’ George said in the class action lawsuit.

“To this day, even after numerous updates and a service on November 10, 2020, the InControl Defect occurs almost every time Plaintiff George’s vehicle is started,” according to the complaint.

Despite the known issues, Jaguar doesn’t disclose these problems to buyers and continues to sell vehicles with the faulty system installed.

“Plaintiff and Class Members were not told about the InControl Defect at the time of sale, no advertisements disclosed the InControl Defect, and the Monroney Labels did not disclose the InControl Defect,” George said in the class action lawsuit. "

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settle...n-lawsuit/
Post #904865 25th May 2021 7:13am
Tim in Scotland

That is the previous InControl pre-PiviPro, system he’s suing over not the new system. Until 2022MY for all the other cars made by LR and Jaguar only the Defender has PiviPro fitted. Basically the fix that JLR came up with was PiviPro. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #904882 25th May 2021 9:03am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
The problem there is that ‘fix’ by putting a new system into new vehicles does not help those with the issue as mentioned above.

It might sell new cars but then the poor reputation shadow that follows JLR around will inflict or compound the companies bad reliability reputation. Hence putting off not just new customers But existing ones looking to part exchange because they don’t trust the vehicle outside of the warrantee period.

If JLR really cared they need to make the system backwards compatible and actively help those affected. If there is no brand loyalty then the choice of manufacturer is there for the consumer, even more so for the push for electric of which JLR is way behind.
Post #904936 25th May 2021 3:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>