↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Episode 8.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
spudfan

Ireland 
My take on it is. If I wanted to buy a traditional Land Rover and it had gone out of production (hard to believe, I know Whistle ) and this was available I'd buy one of these. Ticks a lot of boxes that the traditional Land Rover does. It is NOT a Land Rover but in a world where no traditional Land Rovers are being produced this would do very nicely.
Your man in the snazzy jumper has an idea as to what he wants his car to look like and perform. When he tells his engineers and design team "I want this.", they don't say "We can't do that" they just do it. Anyway I like the concept of it and how they are going about it. It is not being treated like a pariah that they have to keep on producing but begrudgingly do so with decreasing investment and quality control.
To my mind it will be a well engineered and produced vehicle. I am sure that over time when revisions are made the front could be tweeked, but I can live with it as it is. So long as the interior does not get too complicated and snazzy I'll be in the queue. Given the jumper man's ideas regarding how he wants his vehicle to look I do not think it will go that way. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #902949 13th May 2021 9:37pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
doncarloz wrote:
spudfan wrote:
Yep, one of those vehicles that you can name in your head but cannot spell! Highly capable but not practical as an every day vehicle. Right I'll try, is it a Pinzgeur?

Close Very Happy It's called Pinzgauer originally built by Steyr-Puch who also built the original G class.

Up to 2000 the Pinzgauer was built by Steyr-Daimler -Puch who were absorbed into Magna International in 2001 to form Magna Steyr.

Magna Steyr are one of Ineos's development partners on Grenadier. So probably no surprise to see a Pinzy being around Smile
Post #902982 14th May 2021 8:04am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
By 2001 hadn't the Pinzgauer already been sold on?

"In 2000 the rights were sold to Automotive Technik Ltd (ATL) in the UK.[2] ATL was subsequently acquired by Stewart & Stevenson Services, Inc. in 2005; in May 2006, Stewart & Stevenson became a subsidiary of the aerospace and defence group Armor Holdings, Inc.. One year later, Armor Holdings was acquired by BAE Systems plc, who discontinued UK production of the Pinzgauer, which was proving to be vulnerable to mines and improvised explosive devices in Afghanistan. Development work (done in the UK) on a planned Pinzgauer II was evaluated by a BAE subsidiary in Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa but no vehicle was ever made."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinzgauer_Hi...in_Vehicle
Post #902986 14th May 2021 8:20am
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
It had indeed Supercat. I was just pointing out the linkage between the Pinzy, Magna Steyr and Ineos.

Who knows, they may even have a Haflinger lurking around. Although it would probably struggle to keep up with the Grenadier on the road even if they kept the Grenadier in low box Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #902989 14th May 2021 8:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12