↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Has anyone fitted Allisport 2.4 Coolant & Ancillary hose
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CallumB

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Has anyone fitted Allisport 2.4 Coolant & Ancillary hose
I can't find a thread on silicon hoses other than those for intercooling. Shocked

About to change the coolant in my 2.4. Given that the coolant is more expensive than the bleedin' engine oil (!!), I'm thinking of changing my 13 year old coolant hoses with the silicon variety. There doesn't seem to be much choice; no Samco, some Bearmach (5 hose) and a complete set from Allisport. Has anyone fitted the Allisport because I can't figure out what all the hoses are for and how they connect up?

The factory set up looks like:

Click image to enlarge

and the Allisport looks like:

Click image to enlarge

Any information much appreciated!
Post #897928 13th Apr 2021 10:26am
Not_Given

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Orkney Grey
These are the ones I plan on fitting:

https://roosemotorsport.co.uk/land-rover-d...e-kit.html

NG
Post #898101 14th Apr 2021 4:05am
CallumB

Hi Not_Given, I did see these come to think of it. They look identical and same price as the ones sold by Allisport - presumably same manufacturer with either Allisport or Roose stamped on them. Let me know how you get on. Allisport have them on back order with no date for supply Sad . I'm surprised nobody else has posted. About 90 people have viewed the topic so far, which tells me not many people fit these hoses so now wondering if they are worth the expense?! Neutral I seem to recall Juice Motors fitting a silicon coolant hose kit so will have a look at their old YouTube videos - although it was probably on a TD5!
Post #898122 14th Apr 2021 8:51am
Not_Given

CallumB,

The fact that Roose offer all the colours (incl a sleeper OEM style) and importantly for me, unbranded variants, leads me to believe they’re made by Roose themselves. I’m not sure, of course.

I think Silicon is definitely the way to go for induction as I’ve heard of regular hoses crumping. Especially if remapped, but still pulling air through the restrictive OEM box.

One day, I plan to be far from home with my 110, so want the strongest hose possible. Whether it’s required is a different matter. Will update when I get round to it!

NG
Post #898126 14th Apr 2021 9:25am
swt

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
CallumB - I'm thinking along similar lines of late. My 2008-plate is still on all its original coolant hoses, and I have a niggling feeling that they must go eventually, and be a painful breakdown compared with, say, the intercooler hoses (both of mine have split more than once and have now been changed for Samco silicone). Having said that, my previous mechanic, when I lived in the South, who was always up for preventive maintenance, was very confident in the factory rubber and reluctant to recommend changing the lot as a precaution.
Post #898147 14th Apr 2021 10:31am
CallumB

[quote="Not_Given"]CallumB,

The fact that Roose offer all the colours (incl a sleeper OEM style) and importantly for me, unbranded variants, leads me to believe they’re made by Roose themselves. I’m not sure, of course.

NG, looks like you're correct - some lot called MOCP list them with the statement "This Land Rover Defender 2.4 Puma TDCi Coolant Silicone Hose Kit is made to the highest standards of quality and durability by renowned UK manufacturer Roose Motorsport". I'm planning some longer distance stuff later in the year, albeit just the NC500, so agreed, would be good to have something which won't let me down.
Post #898154 14th Apr 2021 11:10am
CallumB

swt wrote:
CallumB - I'm thinking along similar lines of late. My 2008-plate is still on all its original coolant hoses, and I have a niggling feeling that they must go eventually, and be a painful breakdown compared with, say, the intercooler hoses (both of mine have split more than once and have now been changed for Samco silicone). Having said that, my previous mechanic, when I lived in the South, who was always up for preventive maintenance, was very confident in the factory rubber and reluctant to recommend changing the lot as a precaution.

Interesting view from your mechanic and I haven't had an issue with my factory hoses but just looking at the preventative aspect as you and NG say. Think I'll make a closer inspection of the lower hoses and make my mind up. Still concerned how the silicon kit joins together as seems to be all separate hoses whereas some of the LR hoses appear to be single piece/jointed. And nobody here seems to have fitted them - maybe the Puma hoses go on forever!
Post #898157 14th Apr 2021 11:17am
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Reviving this old-ish thread looking for updates please?

Like you chaps I'm now getting round to changing my coolant (2011 2.4 TDCI).

How did the hose install go? Was it worthwhile? My hoses look shabby, so thinking they're probably shabby inside too!

I've looked at the Roose (eyewateringly expensive) kits and Allisport Kits, and also the much cheaper kits at Defenderupgrades (https://defenderupgrades.co.uk/product/land-rover-defender-2-4-tdci-puma-coolant-system-silicone-hose-kit/ ) ...

Any advice gratefully received Thumbs Up Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #976779 5th Jan 2023 3:29pm
Not_Given

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, these are still on my To-do list! However, the answers is still (will be!) Roose for me.

NG
Post #976868 6th Jan 2023 9:28am
CallumB

Morning MartinK, likewise, I didn’t change my stock hoses, instead invested in a remap, intercooler and turbo hoses. My factory coolant hoses are holding up and are still supple and leak free.
Post #976872 6th Jan 2023 9:47am
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Thanks Callum Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #977048 8th Jan 2023 7:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1