↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > How long after placing order did you...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 20 <123 ... 151617 181920>
Print this entire topic · 
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Mine was floating around quite a bit but not confirmed. August to the beginning of October, back to the beginning of September, then to end of September. Then the dash saga.
Post #920645 9th Sep 2021 8:30am
stng110

Australia 
tooth_dr wrote:
Quick question. My car was committed to build with the last date to change passing on the 1/9/21 The next I received an email confirming everything including a ‘built’ date of 1/10/21. This week they appear to have moved it again, pushing it back to November. Surely once it’s confirmed it’s in the slot for a build ?

Clearly not. Now you’re making me nervous.
Post #920662 9th Sep 2021 9:48am
leeloo

Luxembourg 
So the saga continues. Since I am considering a disco as well, I made a configuration that I sent to the dealer for a price offer, a base disco, with all the off road goodies, and few extrax's here and there like the sound system, heated seats, some safety stuff, list price at about 67.k Euro .
And the guy tells me that LR is not accepting orders for Disco base , To have a chance of being even on the schedule I need to start at R-dynamic S minimum.. Smile Otherwise, there is no telling, can be even 9 months or more..
And I really don't care about the cosmetic stuff.. 0 added value for me. Apparently even the S is not expensive enough to warrant a build slot.
What times .. I wonder what is happening with someone trying to get an evoque or disco sport, do they chase them with brooms out of the dealership.... ?
I understand, there is a crisis ( of their own doing with their vulnerable global chains and externalizing everything ) but this is a new low point...
The thing is if you want a 4x4 in europe is either a pick up (they suck at comfort and they are too big ) a landcruiser - an 11 year old vehicle that was 5 years old at launch, a wrangler - only a masochist would drive that thing at highway speed for more than 1 h and LR products.. So I am stuck with them, I just have to bend over and go to a happy place..
grrr..... Sad Defender P300 on order
Post #920665 9th Sep 2021 10:24am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Those of us with hard tops on order since May have had our orders cancelled/delayed while buyers of higher spec models jump the queue. Like you I've been around the list of vehicles that suit my needs and always end up at the Defender. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #920677 9th Sep 2021 11:19am
jmac

Scotland 
stng110 wrote:
tooth_dr wrote:
Quick question. My car was committed to build with the last date to change passing on the 1/9/21 The next I received an email confirming everything including a ‘built’ date of 1/10/21. This week they appear to have moved it again, pushing it back to November. Surely once it’s confirmed it’s in the slot for a build ?

Clearly not. Now you’re making me nervous.

Dealer has just contacted me to keep me updated of the situation. They are having to contact all customers with an order. Mine is still in the holding pool and should be built within six months. There is a high likelihood with an order in the holding pool though that it could be 12-18 months.

They are also having to contact people who are anticipating collecting vehicles (Velar was mentioned, not sure if it’s just that model) within the next couple of weeks to inform them that it’s not happening, and could be a 12 month wait.

Really do not envy the dealers at the moment!
Post #920679 9th Sep 2021 11:37am
Tim in Scotland

It’s not just LR that’s having these problems with build lead in times - most car makers are, envy or sympathy isn’t needed for them they whinge even in the good times! Hopefully slowed down production might lead to the cars being built properly/ better too……… Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #920681 9th Sep 2021 11:52am
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
My order is now being treated by the chief sales manager. He told me they would like to sell more cars but no chance. Even approuved LR used cars are all sold. He also said people did buy the Defender V8 like there is no tomorrow. He could have sold more but the V8 gets all the bells and whistles especially the 11,4 screens.
As for the other LR models long waiting times.

I also checked the electric Dacia Spring for my son: if I order one now of the available models I have to wait till end December.

So all dealers and brands are concerned. Even used cars gets all sold. 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #920687 9th Sep 2021 12:47pm
leeloo

Luxembourg 
You guys are right, all automakers are in pain but it does not mean I have to like it.. at least please allow me to vent a bit .. Smile
Order now delivery in December.. not so bad actually..
bad times to buy/change cars in general.. Defender P300 on order
Post #920697 9th Sep 2021 2:00pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Pushed back another month now until the end of November. I totally get the issues going on, but my car was physically rang through to LR by my dealer, to confirm all the spec is available. Now they have moved it, meaning my options are open to be changed and so the whole saga repeats itself. Never seen it so hard to give a company over £60k
Post #920707 9th Sep 2021 3:09pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
leeloo wrote:
You guys are right, all automakers are in pain.

Maybe not all...

Click image to enlarge

Ignoring 2020 but comparing with 2019, then Tesla is a big stand out.

Toyota also insulated themselves well with no loss and those worthy of an honourable mention include Kia and Volvo.

LR were "only" down 18%.
Post #920716 9th Sep 2021 4:41pm
leeloo

Luxembourg 
Tesla makes a lot of things in house, and they have some revolutionary production methods like 1 or 2 piece monocoque die cast and so on, a lot smaller parts bin..etc.
LR seems to be managed this badly, surprisingly so
Smaller manufacturer - you are suppose to be more nimble and less complicated logistics.. Defender P300 on order
Post #920800 10th Sep 2021 8:21am
r18wly

United Kingdom 
r18wly wrote:
r18wly wrote:
D250 110 XS Edition in silicon silver with cold climate pack ordered on 15th June and now have forecast build date of 13th Aug. 7% off list price via Drivethedeal

Just heard it's been built. Should be with dealer 7/8th Sept.

Pleased to say I took delivery in a pub car park near Holmes Chapel on 7th Sept, 12 weeks after order! The salesman was driving it up to me and got stuck on the M6 for 7 hours, so I drove to meet him after he made it off the M6. Think I've been lucky with timing of order and spec. Couldn't be happier with it.
Post #920850 10th Sep 2021 1:08pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Interesting piece, key point for me is highlighted in red:

"Investigation: Customers get sniffy with new car delays as dealers bear brunt of chip shortages
Some car manufacturers are cancelling new car orders and asking customers to reorder different models as the semiconductor chip shortage worsens.

Car Dealer has been contacted by several disgruntled customers – one of whom was told their new Land Rover would need to be reordered and they would now have to wait 18 months instead of three for their new car.

Another, a BMW buyer, said he had been told his new 1 Series has been delayed for the third time and there’s no estimation at all as to when it will be built.

The internet is awash with complaints from angry customers as the chip shortage affects some of the biggest car makers including Ford, VW Group, Mercedes and BMW.

Consumer titles, like What Car? and Autocar, are also fielding angry complaints from consumers who are waiting for new cars.

Some car manufacturers have been forced to quietly remove models from their line-ups, drastically alter specifications and even supply some cars with a single key as semiconductors are sparingly used.

Dealer groups including Lookers, Vertu, Marshall and Cambria have all warned of new car production issues potentially impacting their businesses in recent updates – and most showrooms are having to fend off angry customers impacted by delays.

Peter Vardy told Car Dealer that some of the decisions being made by manufacturers are increasingly tricky to communicate to customers.

He said: ‘It’s a difficult position and clearly we need to be careful about customer communication throughout this.

‘I can see the brands that just focus on producing the cars that make them the most money at this time might live to regret that.

‘Customers don’t forget how you make them feel and there are plenty of folks unsettled post pandemic and if we aren’t more careful we will have long-lasting guest dissatisfaction.’

Sytner chief executive Darren Edwards told Car Dealer that his group’s brands were being affected in different ways.

He said: ‘The majority of our manufacturer partners are impacted to a greater or lesser degree.

‘Some models have significantly extended lead times and some have had standard features and options amended to enable them to still be built.

‘Some manufacturers have even reduced the amount of keys provided as standard.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/in...ges/233440
Post #920878 10th Sep 2021 4:17pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
r18wly wrote:
r18wly wrote:
r18wly wrote:
D250 110 XS Edition in silicon silver with cold climate pack ordered on 15th June and now have forecast build date of 13th Aug. 7% off list price via Drivethedeal

Just heard it's been built. Should be with dealer 7/8th Sept.

Pleased to say I took delivery in a pub car park near Holmes Chapel on 7th Sept, 12 weeks after order! The salesman was driving it up to me and got stuck on the M6 for 7 hours, so I drove to meet him after he made it off the M6. Think I've been lucky with timing of order and spec. Couldn't be happier with it.

Nice one. Have a call out to my dealer to find out where my April P400XS order is. Seems to be no rhyme of reason in regards to ordering and or timings.
Post #920882 10th Sep 2021 5:22pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Dealer contacted me today to say the mine is still in the holding queue and basically they haven’t a clue when it will be delivered. They said they won’t even guess so has not to cause disappointment. Snag is I can see a price rise coming up here and maybe a change to model spec. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #920913 10th Sep 2021 7:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 20 <123 ... 151617 181920>