↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > p400e Orders
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Fell

Ireland 
p400e Orders
Really good to have found this forum. Thank you.

On 4 December last I ordered a 110 HSE p400e. It started out as a March delivery. The dealer here in Ireland has been told that it “should” be available in July. Was wondering if any other forum members have PHEVs on order and what they are hearing about delivery dates? Are there any firm dates being given for p400e Defenders?

On the plus side it will be MY 22. It now comes with the roof rails as standard not an extra. I’ve had to make sure though that Clearsight is fitted as this is now an option not standard on the HSE - a retrograde step in my opinion. The spec is fairly conservative - I’ve added the tow pack, side steps, winter pack. Would have liked the rear recovery eyes but they don’t seem to be available on their own. An 11.4” screen is being included gratis (I am told) and does appear on the order. The dealer is arranging front and rear dashcams and a tracker.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

All I have at present are the website photos...🙂
Post #896649 8th Apr 2021 11:46am
D50

Ireland 
Hi all, first post for me also!

Fell, I appear to be having a similar experience to you. I have a 110 P400e SE on order since December 2020, I was initially told a March delivery but like others this changed to a 22MY and I'm now also being told this will now likely be July 2021. I believe the order is still unslotted so I'm slightly sceptical on the July delivery.
Post #896668 8th Apr 2021 1:37pm
Fell

Ireland 
I wonder what “July” is shorthand for? September? Hope not!

D50 on one of the Facebook sites a Finnish (I think) poster has been told May. The dealer down here was surprised at that. He told me that normally the UK and Irish RHD vehicles tend to get built first.

Plenty of time to read the iGuide!
Post #896725 8th Apr 2021 5:43pm
Ritson

France 
Hi All, just found the forum.

I live in France and ordered my MY21 P400e SE at the end of October 2020!

Earlier this week I received an official build date from Land Rover for my car of 27/08/21 with a delivery date (to the local dealer) of 17/09/21

Land Rover have also confirmed in writing what my dealer had previously told me verbally: although I ordered a MY21 my car when delivered will in fact be a MY22. However Land Rover will honour the price against which I paid my deposit so I will receive the higher spec MY22 for the same price as the MY21 I ordered.

So although its a torturous wait it will be worth it in the end!
Post #897371 11th Apr 2021 10:00am
Fell

Ireland 
That’s an extremely long wait!!! Thought 8 months was long! I wonder what is creating the delays? I had heard, but am not sure how accurate it is, that the UK built PHEVs were not being delayed. I wonder if the Slovak built Discovery is also subject to this sort of delay.

As you say Ritson the upside is an MY22 version. Like you, I have been told that the original price is being held as is the agreed trade-in value. Actually the dealer is also taking off the cost of roof rails which now come as standard not an option.
Post #897427 11th Apr 2021 1:23pm
Ritson

France 
Hi Fell,

Yes, it sure is a long wait!

I thought Defenders were only being built in Slovakia, but I may be wrong. My dealer tells me that the delay issue is across the entire JLR PHEV range, not just the Defender, due to production issues in the Chinese plant that manufactures the control module which governs the power transfer between the petrol engine and electrical motors. Indeed, according to him it is also impacting Volvo PHEV's as they use the same module.

I would be surprised if JLR gave priority to the UK for PHEV Defender deliveries as they are still able to sell Diesel and Petrol Defenders there in the meantime. Here in France just about nobody is buying the Diesels or pure Petrol Defenders due to the huge penalties imposed by the government due to their emissions levels. Even the smallest diesel engined Defender incurs a Euro 20,000 (yes twenty thousand!) government environmental charge at registration. So, I would have thought JLR would have prioritised the PHEVs for markets where they will be most in demand.

Yes, the dealer has also agreed to honour the trade in price for my Disco Sport that he gave me in October. I was going to try and sell it privately, as the dealer always offers a poorer trade in value, but now I won't bother as I doubt I'd get a better price for it privately and it avoids all the hassle; I can just rock up on the day of delivery and swap keys over.

Land Rover has agreed to fit the Clearsight rearview mirror (now an option on the MY22 SE) for no additional cost and have also thrown in free the 11.4" infotainment display, so all in all I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
Post #897438 11th Apr 2021 2:55pm
Fell

Ireland 
Hi Ritson, thank you for that information.

You’re correct - Defenders and Discovery’s are built at the Nitra plant in Slovakia. I had heard that the PHEV Range Rovers and Evoques, which are both built in the UK, were not delayed but your dealer’s information probably means that they are.

Here in Ireland we are similar to France. All new and privately imported vehicles except pure EVs pay a Vehicle Registration Tax. For PHEVs that is 9% and for the petrol and diesel Defenders 39%. Additionally annual road tax is €170 for the p400e and €2,400 for the petrol and diesel models. So the demand is for PHEV Defenders here too. Like you the Clearsight included as standard in my original HSE spec will be included in the existing agreed price as will the 11.4” screen along with the other extras ordered in December.

Was hopeful it would be available for a journey I’m making to the Outer Hebrides at the end of August through September but that it is looking rather doubtful.
Post #897551 11th Apr 2021 8:04pm
SN

there's some really vindictive governments out there with those taxation levels... Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #897594 11th Apr 2021 9:59pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
/\/\/\ That’s a glimpse of our future. Tax, tax and more tax! WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #897595 11th Apr 2021 10:05pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Ordered my p400e back in September… still no build date & no real updates from dealer…

Just wait and see I guess! Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #897597 11th Apr 2021 10:35pm
SN

Nope - I'd be chasing my salesman on a nearly daily basis as others seem to have days/build slots on the P400E now.

Basically you're on a slip a day every day state right now... Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #897605 11th Apr 2021 11:42pm
Ritson

France 
Fell wrote:

You’re correct - Defenders and Discovery’s are built at the Nitra plant in Slovakia. I had heard that the PHEV Range Rovers and Evoques, which are both built in the UK, were not delayed but your dealer’s information probably means that they are.

Here in Ireland we are similar to France. All new and privately imported vehicles except pure EVs pay a Vehicle Registration Tax. For PHEVs that is 9% and for the petrol and diesel Defenders 39%. Additionally annual road tax is €170 for the p400e and €2,400 for the petrol and diesel models. So the demand is for PHEV Defenders here too. Like you the Clearsight included as standard in my original HSE spec will be included in the existing agreed price as will the 11.4” screen along with the other extras ordered in December.

Was hopeful it would be available for a journey I’m making to the Outer Hebrides at the end of August through September but that it is looking rather doubtful.

39% thats eye-watering!!! I'll stop moaning about the French environmental charge now.
Post #897619 12th Apr 2021 6:32am
hezor

Finland 
I had a build date of 30 April when my spec changed to 22MY. But after the ClearSight mirror and 11.4" screen was added, the build date disappeared. I asked my dealer week ago if he could check if Vista shows new build date and he said he would do it ASAP but I'm still waiting to hear from him.

Car was ordered late January. 22MY Defender 110 P400e SE w/ Off-Road Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack + ClearSight Rear-View Mirror & 11.4" Infotainment Screen
Post #897642 12th Apr 2021 7:51am
Ritson

France 
On the Vista order confirmation my dealer sent me last week it shows the original expected delivery date as 24/04/21. However the 'accepted' delivery date shows as 17/09/21 with the build date of 27/08/21
Post #897659 12th Apr 2021 8:47am
D50

Ireland 
Fell wrote:

The tax is a killer! My original intention was a 90, however when the tax changed last October the 90 spec I wanted became more expensive than the P400e 110 so it didn't make much sense!

I also spoke with my dealer this morning, they had no update on build/delivery dates. They mentioned they have around 20 PHEV Defender customers in the same boat.
Post #897709 12th Apr 2021 1:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>