↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Stoplock Sizing - Pro or Pro Elite?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Windy Miller

Stoplock Sizing - Pro or Pro Elite?
Hi All - hopped over from the Disco 5 forum, because the facelift Disco 5's have a similar size/shape/layout steering wheel to the Defender, but facelift Discos are only just appearing so there's nobody I can ask just yet! With that in mind can I ask those of you who use a Stoplock Pro which version you use... I'm trying to ascertain if I need the 'Pro Elite' version or not, which is exactly the same as the 'Pro', but with more of an angle on the bar and a 2cm larger clamp.

TIA

Smile
Post #895340 1st Apr 2021 2:26pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
I have Pro Elite - £40 in Aldi right now if they have stock left.
Post #895349 1st Apr 2021 2:38pm
Windy Miller

Thanks Simon, how's the fit of the bar once it's been locked in place around a spoke? Smile
Post #895357 1st Apr 2021 2:54pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Its fine - does not need as much bend - but its no issue.
Post #895358 1st Apr 2021 2:58pm
Windy Miller

Simon Audi wrote:

Popped down there just now and grabbed one, they were further reduced (bonus!):

Click image to enlarge

Got it back, but truth be told, after fitting it I'm not sure. It's very loose and baggy on the wheel. The clamp around the wheel poke is loose and leaves huge gaps, plus it waggles around the place badly due to the deep bend. I think I'll return it tomorrow.

I'm used to using a Disklok on my cars, which is nice and tight fitting. But my current small sized Disklok doesn't fit and nowhere has Medium sized Diskloks in stock (they're all on a national backorder due to COVID).

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Very Happy
Post #895412 1st Apr 2021 6:15pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Hello

I use one of these https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-secu...86411.html

Seems very secure, easy to use and actually gets good rating for security..

maybe worth a look Thumbs Up
Post #895417 1st Apr 2021 7:01pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Windy Miller wrote:
Simon Audi wrote:

Popped down there just now and grabbed one, they were further reduced (bonus!):

Click image to enlarge

Got it back, but truth be told, after fitting it I'm not sure. It's very loose and baggy on the wheel. The clamp around the wheel poke is loose and leaves huge gaps, plus it waggles around the place badly due to the deep bend. I think I'll return it tomorrow.

I'm used to using a Disklok on my cars, which is nice and tight fitting. But my current small sized Disklok doesn't fit and nowhere has Medium sized Diskloks in stock (they're all on a national backorder due to COVID).

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Very Happy

Does it matter if its loose? Its still attached to the wheel - without marking it and stops you driving unless you remove it.

Plus it fits is the space under the floor on 110.

Did you locate it around the spoke?

The problem with the Disclock is they are large to store...

Plus TBF if they are already in the car... its probably too late...

Its more of a deterent to stop them breaking in to try and steal it.?
Post #895430 1st Apr 2021 8:01pm
Tim in Scotland

I don’t use it but here’s my stop lock on the L663, I took the photos for someone else, maybe it was Simon. It is slightly loose on the wheel surround. One thing with New Defender’s electric steering is that without the engine running you cannot move the steering wheel, it’s not that it’s incredibly heavy, there’s no power at all going to it so it’s locked up

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #895526 2nd Apr 2021 10:28am
Riverrunner

United Kingdom 
Stoplock Sizing
Hello,

I searched the 'net yesterday for recommendations on steering wheel locks for my new Defender 90 X Dynamic SE (22my), to see which would fit.
The Stoplock products came highly recommended, and weren't as cumbersome as a full Disclock, so I opted for one of those.

But, I couldn't find a recommendation for a particular model, choosing from the Stoplock Pro and the Stoplock Pro Elite.
The only difference is the bigger "kink" on the yellow arm.

Helpfully, the staff at Halfords let me try both, and I can confirm that the Stoplock Pro definately fits, with the smaller "kink" allowing for a better fit for the steering wheel, the Elite model seemed much too loose.
And, the locking tines on the Pro allow the lock to be fitted over one of the radial internal steering wheel braces, so it doesn't slide around the steering wheel, and would be more time consuming for a potential thief to remove.

I asked the staff at Halfords what the difference was, and they said that the larger "kink" on the elite was for vehicles which had the horn pressure pad in the centre of the steering wheel, which my Defender has, to stop the lock sounding the horn.
Both the Pro and the Pro Elite rested on the centre horn pad, but neither was a tight enough fit to put any pressure on the horn pad.

So, I bought the "Pro" model, and it's on my drive, fitted, as I type.

I'm just posting in the spirit of helpfulness, so anyone searching, as I did, can find an answer.
(I've also got a Ghost 2 fitted, and am using a Faraday pouch for the keys, but I'm hoping the Stoplock is a visual deterrent!)

I asked the dealers to turn off the proximity auto opening of the doors, and they said they had, but whatever they did, it didn't work. I've looked at the various forums and video's to learn how to do this, three presses of the lights button on the fob and then the unlock etc, but none of them worked. And, the user guide doesn't address this either. Fortunately, the pouches seem to do their job.

I hope this is of some use to someone else searching for a recommendation.
Post #958513 16th Jul 2022 1:52pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Standard works, been on mine since I’ve had it. And on the d5

Large kink 4*4 one hasn’t been needed on any lr I’ve had sine my 300tdi disco Mike
Post #959394 24th Jul 2022 5:40pm
Nuclear Nick

United Kingdom 
A cop once told me that the bad guys love these as it gives them all the leverage they need to break the steering lock. They then cut through the wheel rim in seconds to remove it. For security the Disklok is hard to beat and likely that potential thieves will see it and move on to easier prey.
Post #959498 25th Jul 2022 6:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1