↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > 90 Hard Top ordered
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy S

United Kingdom 
90 Hard Top ordered
I ordered a new 90HT earlier this month but have been unsure whether to continue mostly as I hadn't driven one and was concerned about the ride quality on springs with 20" wheels and a short wheel base along with just 200hp. I'm also coming from a current FFRR so I like my creature comforts.
My garage managed to scratch this when it was in last week and agreed to repair it, they gave me their new 90 X Dynamic demo for the day and I was really impressed with it. The ride was fine, a bit fidgety but overall very acceptable, it had the 250hp engine and went very well so 200hp will be plenty capable for everyday and I was surprised how quiet it is at speed so now I'm 100% happy to continue with the order.

Spec at the moment:

Santorini Black
Steelies, I'll upgrade to some nice aftermarket wheels and fit before delivery, I'll use the steels for winter tyres
the bigger screen and interactive dashboard,
leccy towbar,
centre console (third seat was a pain as I kept knocking my elbow on it)
Heated leather steering wheel
Bonnet decal

Not worried about any packs, keeping it fairly standard.

I tow my boat to and from Sardinia every other year which is near 3 tons so that journey will be slower especially up the hills but I can live with that.

Just need to know when it'll arrive, my guess will be June/July but we'll see.
Post #894446 28th Mar 2021 9:08am
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Nice spec.

I ordered a S 110 hard top in Santorini a couple of weeks ago.

Here’s hoping for that June/July delivery. Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #894468 28th Mar 2021 11:05am
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
Re: 90 Hard Top ordered
Andy S wrote:
I ordered a new 90HT earlier this month but have been unsure whether to continue mostly as I hadn't driven one and was concerned about the ride quality on springs with 20" wheels and a short wheel base along with just 200hp. I'm also coming from a current FFRR so I like my creature comforts.
My garage managed to scratch this when it was in last week and agreed to repair it, they gave me their new 90 X Dynamic demo for the day and I was really impressed with it. The ride was fine, a bit fidgety but overall very acceptable, it had the 250hp engine and went very well so 200hp will be plenty capable for everyday and I was surprised how quiet it is at speed so now I'm 100% happy to continue with the order.

Spec at the moment:

Santorini Black
Steelies, I'll upgrade to some nice aftermarket wheels and fit before delivery, I'll use the steels for winter tyres
the bigger screen and interactive dashboard,
leccy towbar,
centre console (third seat was a pain as I kept knocking my elbow on it)
Heated leather steering wheel
Bonnet decal

Not worried about any packs, keeping it fairly standard.

I tow my boat to and from Sardinia every other year which is near 3 tons so that journey will be slower especially up the hills but I can live with that.

Just need to know when it'll arrive, my guess will be June/July but we'll see.

I have a 90ht on order too, notice you say you have the heated leather steering wheel, this isn’t available unless you buy the winter pack as far as I can see, only question it as you say you didn’t bother with any packs?
Post #894490 28th Mar 2021 1:32pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 
You're right Thumbs Up I've added it now, no doubt I'll change again with other bits before it gets locked down Whistle
Post #894537 28th Mar 2021 5:43pm
TRGRichie

United Kingdom 
Lol, know what you mean...
Mine started off very minimal.... has grown considerably in cost since first looking.
No doubt why they do it. Very Happy
Post #894542 28th Mar 2021 5:55pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 
My dealer tells me it's June build with July delivery, will probably wait until September then for the new reg...seems ages away Big Cry
Need to get the spec finalised by end of April, any particular options that people say are a must that aren't on my spec below?
Post #895148 31st Mar 2021 4:47pm
CarMan

United Kingdom 
Andy S wrote:

Congratulations on your order Andy and look forward to hearing progress, gotta love a HT. Sincere apologies for the off-topic question, but in a sentence can you (via PM if you prefer to avoid diluting this thread) let me know at high level how you do that journey, as I have had two fly-in trips including my eldest daughter's wedding in El Faro and love the place and have been thinking about a road trip when that is possible again, albeit without boat or Defender Razz Rob

1993 200tdi 90 hard-top
1998 300tdi 90 soft-top
2016 2.2 XS 90 hard-top
Post #895152 31st Mar 2021 5:06pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
Premium LED lights with DRL and Rear Differential (think you can only get that in one of the packs though). They are the only options I would add.
Post #895154 31st Mar 2021 5:15pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 
CarMan wrote:
Andy S wrote:

Congratulations on your order Andy and look forward to hearing progress, gotta love a HT. Sincere apologies for the off-topic question, but in a sentence can you (via PM if you prefer to avoid diluting this thread) let me know at high level how you do that journey, as I have had two fly-in trips including my eldest daughter's wedding in El Faro and love the place and have been thinking about a road trip when that is possible again, albeit without boat or Defender Razz

For us it works by driving from the New Forest to Folkestone and staying in a local hotel and getting the 5.00am train so we have an early start that way in France. We can get to Beaune easily by mid afternoon where we stay overnight, it's a lovely town and worth visiting if you ever get the chance.
Next morning we head off to Nice, the hotel is right by the motorway so within 10 mins we are up to speed, no faffing with traffic delays or anything. We take the early evening overnight ferry directly to Olbia and it's just an hours drive to the apartment we rent. For us using this route is mainly motorway which when towing really helps as it's far less tiring towing at a constant speed. It's a straightforward trip and part of of our holiday adventure.
Sorry, it's a bit more than a sentence.
Post #895157 31st Mar 2021 5:31pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Also looking forward to getting Road Trips in, but I very much doubt it will be up to North Cape this year. Maybe, and only just a maybe, next year. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
Post #895158 31st Mar 2021 5:36pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
It would be good to have a new Defender road trip section for members to talk their road trips. I want to do Scottish highlands in the autumn, would be great to get other members advice and recommendations and see some photos of new Defender in the scenery.

Sorry to go off topic
Post #895161 31st Mar 2021 5:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1