↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Order placed, so I think I can join now!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Griff90bowler

Wales 
Tyres
So the V8 is coming on 22” rims anyone know the profile of the tyre I hope it’s more than my SVR
Post #893987 25th Mar 2021 11:01pm
jon_a5

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I think it’s on 275/45 R22s there’s a no cost option of 20inch wheels though if you want a softer ride.
Post #893988 25th Mar 2021 11:02pm
Griff90bowler

Wales 
Thinking more of wheel protection
Post #894017 26th Mar 2021 7:47am
leeloo

Luxembourg 
Hello, I am in the last phase of ordering a Defender. If all goes well I will sign the final papers by the end of the week.
It will replace a Hilux that I will use for holidays camping and off-roading. (Overlanding I guess ?)
So I am getting a DEFENDER 110, the base spec "poverty pack ", but with the petrol engine P300 and a few options like the off road pack, off road tyres, roof bars, Clearsight mirror, front skid plate, rocksliders ( or I hope they are, they are called if translate correctly lateral protection tubes on the LR website ).
To my total surprise the petrol engine is a lot more expensive than the diesel. It used to be other way around, not sure what is going on, but is 4k euro more than the diesel. But I absolutely had to have it, I plan to travel to Africa/Asia and I am worried about diesel fuel quality. (high Sulphur)
This for me will be a hobby car, I have small car daily driver. So it will be used as it should be, not another asphalt princess.. Smile
The only let down was the delivery time of 6 months announced by the dealer. I hope he is wrong...
Post #895101 31st Mar 2021 2:20pm
LincsLR

United Kingdom 
Morning all

So I now have my dates confirmed on Vista. I ordered beginning of March, so it’s taken a few weeks to get the order confirmed.

Vista states build is end of June for delivery to dealer on 16th July 2021. I’m pretty sure that date will move slightly but in any case, with the dealer added accessories I’ve ordered, they’ll need it for a few days to do the PDI and fit the steps, dashcam and classic mud flaps. So I’m going to take it with the new reg on 1st September. That means I’ve got four and half months to wait.

A few of you will get your V8 before me, so I can’t wait to hear what you think of yours Very Happy
Post #898595 16th Apr 2021 10:14am
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
“A few of you will get your V8 before me”

And before me… my dealer in Norfolk followed a “Thank you for getting back to me and what an exciting choice!” (Santorini Black 90V8) e-mail with “Further to my last email, it’s just come to mind that we cannot quote on these yet nor will you be able to build them. As soon as they are up online I will let you know and we can start getting a quotation together”.

Nothing since, they can perhaps sell more Defenders than they can get hold of, or a hundred grand sale is peanuts.

But I’m not that desperate to own a Defender that I’m gonna go begging and chasing for one.

Peter
Post #898620 16th Apr 2021 12:19pm
LincsLR

United Kingdom 
That’s very odd Birdy. I spoke to two dealers before ordering and both had allocation available to order. It took a little while to confirm the build date but it is definitely ordered so not sure why yours is unable to. Plenty of other dealers out there.
Post #898621 16th Apr 2021 12:37pm
leeloo

Luxembourg 
I just got word from the dealer, my 110 will be built in June, delivery in July. He did not give me the exact dates yet.
It was ordered end of March, initially I was told that with some luck it will arrive in September, so this is very good news.
I don't think it will come in time to do my summer Holiday in it.. but still, I am very excited.

So it looks like they managed to ramp up production.
Post #906086 2nd Jun 2021 7:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123