↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Series Land Rovers > Valuation question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MussEd

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Baltic Blue
Valuation question
My other half has let slip she wouldn’t mind getting rid of the Audi she never drives and buying an older Land Rover pick up partly as an investment and also for those rare occasions she needs a vehicle to ferry the kids about. No I did not jump right up and do some over-elaborate victory celebration, I merely squealed with joy on the inside and started looking online....anyway I came across the ad below and it’s listed at £85000.

I mean I admit don’t know if it’s something special as I haven’t a clue about series vehicles so forgive my ignorance but £85k for a fairly clean looking wee pick up seems either ambitious or silly to me? (Or a typo?£

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1315973
Post #890005 8th Mar 2021 9:44pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Is it not £8500 ??
Not even an early one or whatever??

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1315973
Post #890007 8th Mar 2021 9:47pm
MussEd

Think it must be an extra zero...Bit too far to go at the minute for me, otherwise could’ve been a wee project!
Post #890010 8th Mar 2021 9:56pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
If you haven’t got a clue about Series vehicles then if you can take someone to view a prospective vehicle who does know about them, that would be a good thing to do and possible avoid you buying a heap of trouble. There are many tarted up heaps for sale especially on EBay. Take your time and don’t be in a rush to buy the first one you see.
Post #890117 9th Mar 2021 11:06am
MussEd

Don’t worry we never rush into anything. And I have a pal who’s more clued up than me in this area.
Post #890143 9th Mar 2021 12:15pm
strang

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
That's a crazy price! Have a look on, or better still join the Series Two club forum - you will often find vehicles for sale on there, and most probably with a known history. There are also quiet a few members from north of the border who may be able to help out with knowledge and looking at prospective purchase.

https://www.series2club.co.uk/new_forum/index.php#c1

You could also have a word with Jon at https://www.crosschannelclassics.com/ who has a container full of pretty much rust free series ones heading to the UK right now, although he is based on the south coast. Euro-Leafing to infinity and beyond.....
Post #890227 9th Mar 2021 5:23pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
£8500 would be reasonable. £85k is insane, so it is either a mistake or a chancer. If the latter, good luck to him, a fool and his money is easily parted, as they say, though I doubt even a fool would pay £85k for that.
Post #890247 9th Mar 2021 6:26pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Around 4 years ago I bought a Series,

Didn't know anything about them and had it on the ramps with a screw driver prodding the chassis. my heart sank when it went right through a couple of times.... Shocked

I posted pictures on here and its 'all normal' easy and cheap to fix...

The things I have you tubed how to do, and some welding with a mate, things I have learnt and the fun owning one Smile

4 years on, Love it, its part of the family and we love going to the shows in it Smile I'm still always looking for another and in the short time I have owned mine the prices have gone silly..

Great thing though, no tax and £100 insurance (with Agreed value and full brake down)

As bought....

Click image to enlarge

Now

Click image to enlarge

Our little local Cheshire Club Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
Post #890315 9th Mar 2021 10:25pm
milesr3

2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Keswick Green
Here was mine, sold about this time last year (for a lot less than £85k!). That must be a typo.

Click image to enlarge

They are lovely old things to own and although some people drive them from one end of the country to the other, I found that it was comfortable at 40mph max and this limited my usage.

Don’t believe too much of the hype about investing (particularly if buying from the trade). The advice to join the Series 2 club forum is good; if only for getting free advice online that many advertised vehicles are not what they claim to be.

I would buy something solid and usable from an enthusiast that may not be rare, highly original or valuable. It should hold its value and cost next to nothing to keep.
Post #890332 9th Mar 2021 11:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1