↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > 90S .. Had a wash so some better pictures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Vern

United Kingdom 
Had a new car detail on it today with a good wax and sealant and the guys said in terms of the quality of the paint it is the best he has seen recently and he’s done a number of new car details of all makes this last month.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #891841 16th Mar 2021 2:33pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 

Click image to enlarge

Vern wrote:
I did think about a black roof but I really like the top side windows and I wanted to see them so decided without.

The side steps are a godsend .. my wife, who’s car it is, is not really tall and so it makes a difference . TBH I also use them all the time as well .. makes getting in so much easier.. getting out you have to remember to use them if not you sort of fall out and make yours jeans dirty Smile

Only Arch black looks good, wrap or spray. No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #893578 24th Mar 2021 1:34am
zilch

Australia 
Vern wrote:
Had a new car detail on it today with a good wax and sealant and the guys said in terms of the quality of the paint it is the best he has seen recently and he’s done a number of new car details of all makes this last month.

had the same feedback from our detailer when they installed the PPF.. he had done about a half a dozen
press vehicles for the Aussie launch a few weeks before and stated they all had top notch paint finishes.. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #893580 24th Mar 2021 2:30am
Tim in Scotland

Me too, when the car went in for ceramic coating the guys reported back that it was the best paint finish that they had seen on any Land Rover or Range Rover in ages. IIRC there were no rectifications needed ............. and then I went on an LRE day and managed to pinstripe two parallel lines right down the near side....... through the clear coat into the green but not into the primer. They did a good job polishing and sealing them then they applied the PPF to give some protection for later off-roading. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 24th Mar 2021 6:41pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #893621 24th Mar 2021 11:39am
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Same from my detailer, he said it required very little correction before he applied the ceramic. He took £100 of the quote because he didn’t spend too much time doing it.

On the other hand, my Jaguar F Type which I’ve had for 6 years, needed hours of correction before it was ceramic coated last week. Cost more to do than the Defender! That added to the wheel refurb is the first major expense that cars had. 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #893636 24th Mar 2021 2:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12