↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Which markets get the factory Bull Bar option?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JackW

United States 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Coniston Green
Which markets get the factory Bull Bar option?
I was wondering which markets besides Australia and South Africa get the factory bull bar option VPLEBAR001.
The cost of shipping one from Australia to the USA is almost half again the price of the kit. I was thinking it would be cheaper to have one shipped from somewhere in Europe if we can find a source for it there.

Click image to enlarge
Post #888327 28th Feb 2021 6:08pm
SN

We have stupid pedestrians in Europe who have to be protected from themselves so these are not allowed here Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #888334 28th Feb 2021 7:12pm
JackW

I know they aren't legal in Europe - just trying to find a place to buy one other than Australia since shipping costs are so high. I thought maybe it could be purchased in the UK for a vehicle that is being delivered somewhere in the rest of world market. If they are manufactured in Slovakia it seems counterproductive to ship them to Australia or South Africa for transhipment somewhere else. I'm reluctant spend over a thousand pounds in extra shipping if I don't have to.
Post #888344 28th Feb 2021 8:32pm
Leamreject

Italy 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Fuji White
Re: Which markets get the factory Bull Bar option?
JackW wrote:
I was wondering which markets besides Australia and South Africa get the factory bull bar option VPLEBAR001.
The cost of shipping one from Australia to the USA is almost half again the price of the kit. I was thinking it would be cheaper to have one shipped from somewhere in Europe if we can find a source for it there.

Click image to enlarge

Naked is best..... sorry but not my cup of tea... Whistle Ride like you stole it!!
If I’m not on a bike it’s because only a 4x4 will do…
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #888346 28th Feb 2021 8:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dontwakemeup

Australia 
The only market listed on eCAT for these is

30AW Accessory Pack (Bull Bar)((+)"AUS/NZ/ZA")

So Australia, NZ and South Africa.
Post #888355 28th Feb 2021 9:26pm
dontwakemeup

Australia 
Also VPLEBAR001 is not a valid part number, just something JLR made up. You will need to buy the bar, the winch mounting cradle (can't attach the bar without) and the camera bezel, and new crush cans. You don't really need new parking sensors even though the instructions say so (it's just for colour matching) and can use a sticker from powerfulUK.

Click image to enlarge

The mounting bracket/kit has a vin split so beware. The currency unit is AUD suggested retail price.

Click image to enlarge

Install instructions:

Bull Bar:
http://accessories-instructions.landrover....r/G2414503

Mounting Bracket:
http://accessories-instructions.landrover....r/G2432137
Post #888356 28th Feb 2021 9:28pm
JackW

Thanks, very helpful information. From what I've read the mounting bracket is the same for the padded A-bar and the tubular bull bar and I can purchase that and the crush cans from.my local dealer. So what I really need us a source for the bull bar alone. I'm not a huge fan of the padded snout look but I could go that way if I can't get the bull bar. I want to be able to put a couple of Baja Designs LP6 lights on the front because I have a pair on my D90 and they are fantastic lights. I think it will be easier to make mounting brackets for the bull bar.

The ARB bumper on my middle aged Land Rover has definitely saved the front fenders a time or two.

Click image to enlarge
Post #888363 28th Feb 2021 10:18pm
JackW

Re: Which markets get the factory Bull Bar option?
Leamreject wrote:
JackW wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Naked is best..... sorry but not my cup of tea... Whistle

If you want to have a winch (and I do) the other current alternative is this big padded nose look - and I kind of like the Bull Bar better. I'm wondering what ARB will come up with - I know they are working on a bumper for the new Defender. The bull bar would be easier to mount extra lights on as well. My P300 doesn't have the adaptive LED lighting and it could use some help. As an added bonus Georgia doesn't require front license plates so I don't have to worry about the registration getting in the way of the winch cable.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #888376 1st Mar 2021 1:50am
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
Have you spoken to Ben at new Defender mods? He’s shipping them out to buyers worldwide. His group pages are on Instagram and Facebook
Post #888402 1st Mar 2021 9:50am
JackW

Yes, Ben is very responsive but is only shipping full kits and the shipping cost is over $1300 from Australia. I asked if he would ship just the bull bar since I can buy the other components from my local dealer and save on the shipping costs of the mounting bracket and crush cans but he prefers to sell the full kit as a package. I'm just trying to save a few dollars if I can so I can spend more on my other three Land Rovers.
Post #888454 1st Mar 2021 2:58pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
Fare enough mate totally understand and I would be the same. There’s so many different accessories and modifications I want to add to mine it’s a very expensive love affair 😆
Post #888469 1st Mar 2021 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1