↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 22MY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
azzmang

Australia 
will do, like wise

methinks this will go from a car with a spec i want, to one far from it, if the 21MY differences between Dynamic and normal HSE remain.
Post #888732 2nd Mar 2021 10:11pm
SN

J77 wrote:
Defo not worth the £500.
agreed - during my last minute wobble over window tints I nearly threw this one on as well but decided to leave it - I'm used to a sh*t view out of the rear view mirror coming from a pickup truck with a canopy so if I can't manage with the top of a spare wheel impinging on my view then I shouldn't be on the road! Rolling Eyes Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #888737 2nd Mar 2021 10:44pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Just digging into the specs sheet, I only really just realised what a good deal the XS is.

At least for P400e, the XS comes to less than £1k more than the X-Dynamic SE, and you don’t have to pay for a paint colour, and you get the panoramic roof, comfort & convenience pack, cooled seats, clearview camera, roof rails, etc etc

Not a fan of the wheels but can probably make a profit selling them and buying the ones I want instead. And not super keen on the body colour lower cladding but also potentially fixable. Or I could go for santorini black colour anyway and then it doesn’t look so bad.

Hmmm Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #888746 3rd Mar 2021 12:23am
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
Yes that XS model is good value it was the same with the First Edition once you spec up like for like on SE it came in few grand cheaper. Not sure if it comes with additional option list but the FE did which had the rear differential in the list.
Post #888747 3rd Mar 2021 1:07am
Tim in Scotland

My 2p on the clear sight RVM - it was standard on my car and I’ve only ever used it to show other people what the view is! 99% of my driving is solo and with the centre rear head restraint folded down the view through the combined wing mirrors and the RVM in standard view is fine. The only people you don’t see well are the twits who insist on following about 10ft from your rear bumper. If you are used to driving a van or pick-up with a tilt/canopy then you’ll have no problems with the view out through the RVM without the Clearsight. If I had 3 x 6ft rear passengers or the load area loaded to the ceiling then yes it would be very useful but how many people are doing that?
I don’t tow a caravan but I suspect the Clearsight RVM might have its uses if the van has big front and rear Windows but it might be too high not to be obscured by the window frame of the ‘van. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #888770 3rd Mar 2021 9:49am
deaston

United Kingdom 
My first Evoque had a feature whereby it could park itself. I used it twice - once to show it off to a friend, the second time for real, but it took so long it was easier to just swing it into a space myself. Never bothered after that.

That taught me a valuable lesson about what features will truly improve my driving experience. Lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, auto-dipping headlights, auto parking, wifi for passengers etc. are all features I'd never pay extra for.

The money is much better going on the engine and transmission before going on gimmicks that'll never be used.
Post #888789 3rd Mar 2021 11:31am
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Agreed, I’ve always pretty much driven as if I only had wing mirrors anyway... Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #888795 3rd Mar 2021 11:38am
DSL

United Kingdom 
Anyone know what the “remote” and “smartphone pack” are on the XS 110?

Click image to enlarge
Post #888802 3rd Mar 2021 12:14pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
I would guess the remote is the app that you use to pre heat the car, check vehicle status, journeys etc. It’s a good option imo
Post #888803 3rd Mar 2021 12:20pm
Scrumps

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cairns Blue
Hi,

The (5) and (7) refer to the footnotes in your source of information that gives the details!

Smartphone is Apple CarPlay.

Remote is the subscription to Land Rover Apps for a set period.

Scrumps 90 D250 HSE Tasman Blue
24MY L461 RRS Verasine Blue
05 TD5 90 CSW Cairns Blue
1967 MGB BRG
1944 Willy’s MB OD green
1942 Willy’s MB OD green
Post #888804 3rd Mar 2021 12:30pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Cheers, didn’t clock the notes. Thumbs Up
Post #888806 3rd Mar 2021 12:34pm
expatbrit

United States 
SN wrote:
J77 wrote:
Defo not worth the £500.
agreed - during my last minute wobble over window tints I nearly threw this one on as well but decided to leave it - I'm used to a sh*t view out of the rear view mirror coming from a pickup truck with a canopy so if I can't manage with the top of a spare wheel impinging on my view then I shouldn't be on the road! Rolling Eyes

Hah! This is one of the things I /did/ throw in on my last wobble, despite spending as much time on a motorbike as I can with no rear view. The Evoque's tiny slot makes me crazy so it just seemed cheap insurance. D110 P300 (now here) -- Pangea Green / white roof / white steelies / Off-road pack / towing pack / cold-weather pack / heated seats and assorted fun odds and sods
Post #888834 3rd Mar 2021 3:34pm
azzmang

Australia 
dontwakemeup wrote:
Still waiting to hear back from the dealer in re my order and whether it will be honoured. Radio silence from them since Monday. I swear, once you sign their contract/order they just ignore you. Would be helpful to know otherwise would just buy one that's in stock.

Heard anything about your order mate?
Post #889792 8th Mar 2021 10:02am
azzmang

Australia 
Just got a call from dealer in Perth

MY21 D300 HSE ordered in Jan no longer deliverable. Have to not either spec up a SE or move to HSE X Dynamic for same trim level as HSE with upto aprox $7K price increase

Poor form on JLR to intro a new MY this way
Post #890104 9th Mar 2021 9:24am
DSL

United Kingdom 
Ouch! Shocked Shocked
Post #890111 9th Mar 2021 9:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>