↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Has anyone found good videos of the 90?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
deaston

United Kingdom 
Has anyone found good videos of the 90?
There are numerous ones of the 110, but I can't find any good videos looking at the 90 - mainly showing/critiquing the boot/rear seats etc.

There was obviously a LR press day where journalists were able to drive a silver P300 around some muddy forest, but none of them look at the interior. And there's loads of videos of montages of photos/footage of the 90, but nothing really useful.

Any links appreciated!
Post #874993 29th Dec 2020 10:53am
vlad

Romania 
This is the only good one

MY2021 Defender 90 P400 SE
Post #874995 29th Dec 2020 11:16am
Tim in Scotland

I doubt that you will see any until deliveries have started, nobody has received a 90 yet except the JLR PR team, so I would imagine February at the very earliest before you see any “privateer” videos - also depends on the COVID rules where you live. Where I am, making a video about my new Defender wouldn’t be considered an essential journey......... even though I live in the back of beyond and have access to private land to drive I’m still in Tier 4. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #874996 29th Dec 2020 11:17am
steve E

Wales 
Thanks Vlad 👍
Post #874998 29th Dec 2020 11:25am
deaston

United Kingdom 
vlad wrote:
This is the only good one

Excellent find - thanks for the link
Post #875000 29th Dec 2020 11:30am
deaston

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I doubt that you will see any until deliveries have started, nobody has received a 90 yet except the JLR PR team, so I would imagine February at the very earliest before you see any “privateer” videos - also depends on the COVID rules where you live. Where I am, making a video about my new Defender wouldn’t be considered an essential journey......... even though I live in the back of beyond and have access to private land to drive I’m still in Tier 4.

This is what worries me! I had one of the first Evoques (put my deposit down over a year before I got it) and it was a nightmare. I swore I'd never again buy a brand new LR.

I waited as long as I could and only put my order in a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping with their experience of the 110 and a few months of building the 90, most of the issues will have been ironed out before I get my 90 (due in April).
Post #875001 29th Dec 2020 11:32am
Tom_T

United Kingdom 
Here is a really good video of the 90 interior

I’ve been worried about photos I’ve seen were the rear seats don’t fold flat, however watching this video I think I’ve discovered that if you have the jump seat fitted, then it doesn’t give enough clearance for the seats to fold down past the back of the jump seat, so they don’t fold flat. (You can see this in the P400 shots as this has the jump seat). Without the jump seat, then rear seats can clear the centre console and they are able to fold flat, as shown in the P300 interior shots.

Think this clears it up, and for me a big sigh of relief as I was getting anxious that the seats can’t fold flat!!
Post #875026 29th Dec 2020 2:42pm
J77

Scotland 
Except the one I viewed didn’t have the jump seat, in fact it had nothing in between the front seats and the outcome is the same.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #875029 29th Dec 2020 3:06pm
Tom_T

United Kingdom 
Hmmm must be some other factor then... there is clearly a difference between how flat the rear seats fold in the two vehicles shown in the video. My assumption was that the jump seat was the cause, but maybe it’s the headrests? Perhaps the head rests need to be removed to enable the seats to fold flat?
Post #875030 29th Dec 2020 3:11pm
J77

Scotland 
I think headrests removed then the seat backs can be pushed down and locked into place.

For me the 90 is a compromise but it’s the only one that I want to own. I’m sure my 2 dogs will understand Confused 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #875031 29th Dec 2020 3:14pm
Tom_T

United Kingdom 
I guess we will have to wait until delivery of our own vehicles to find out the true situation! Hopefully with time there will be aftermarket accessories and solutions to overcome some of the compromises 👍
Post #875048 29th Dec 2020 5:10pm
deaston

United Kingdom 
Having ordered the 90, I have now decided it's not the right one for me - I need the 110.

Great. Here comes the argument with the dealer...
Post #875054 29th Dec 2020 5:27pm
Tim in Scotland

Get talking to the dealer ASAP as year end bonuses are due for dealerships and salespeople - see if you can find a car in stock that suits - also you stand a better chance on a run out 4 cylinder if that doesn’t matter to you, D240 is a fine engine but I wouldn’t be tempted into a D200 4 cylinder. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #875072 29th Dec 2020 6:40pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
There are a few D250 and D300 I6 on Autotrader available... just depends what you want..
Post #875074 29th Dec 2020 6:45pm
deaston

United Kingdom 
deaston wrote:
Having ordered the 90, I have now decided it's not the right one for me - I need the 110.

Great. Here comes the argument with the dealer...

The dealer were fine and have thankfully changed my order. 110 D250 instead of 90 P300. Talk about a complete change of mind!

Delivery around end of March apparently.
Post #875643 1st Jan 2021 2:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1