↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Events > Need an opinion - What is The Best LR Show/Event ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
lrmaniac

Portugal 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
Need an opinion - What is The Best LR Show/Event ?
As stated above, I need your help to decide ...

I'm planning, along with some friends, to go, next year, to a major LR Show/Event ... I would like to hear your opinion on wich is the best Show/Event that takes place in your homeland (for those of you in UK!)

We want to decide, to start planning, but we want ot go to the best - in terms of organization, camping, shops, etc!

All thoughts apreciated! Thumbs Up Regards
Joao

'10 Land Rover Defender 110 CC
'08 BMW F800GS
'64 SIIA Forward Control
'69 SIIA 109 ZA CKD
Post #92941 6th Oct 2011 1:40pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Only bothered to go to one this year and that was the Land Rover Max at Stoneleigh

The mostly empty car park spoke volumes as well as the number of second hand car breakers to new parts for sale meant that i it would be doubtful if i go again next year.

I am sure that others can help with the other shows that were on this year.

Mark
Post #92946 6th Oct 2011 2:04pm
mermoto

Enjpyed both the Billing and Peterborough shows for mix of trade and club stands. The Billing show has had some very wet ground issues recently Mr. Green

Mermoto
Post #92989 6th Oct 2011 5:38pm
v8steve

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
have been to billing many times, it used to be great.
but i must say peterborough has been the best the last 2 years in my view.
the show ground has had a lot of investment and it shows.
bins emptied plus when did anyone last see a member of billing staff pick up a piece
of litter. peterborough has a team just for litter picking.
and no mud Whistle 110 xs s/wagon
s3 swb soft top
Post #93026 6th Oct 2011 8:18pm
Alive Tuning

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
Of the main two shows, Billing is deffinetly the best show for us, with Peterborough being a close second.

Billing attracts the biggest international crowds, most likely due to it's almost cult status. It might sometimes be wet and muddy, but there is always a great atmosphere, and a massive number of land rover trade exhibitors.

We were overlooking the main arena at Peterborough this year, and I was really disapointed by the lack of interesting things happening in there. Sheep racing for gawds sake! Rolling Eyes
Post #93207 7th Oct 2011 10:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
I went to Driffield and Billing this year didn't manage Peterborough there are a few good stands lime mudstuff and Brendans but there is lots of rubbish as well. Thumbs Up
Post #93281 8th Oct 2011 2:52pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
What is the Best LR Show/Event?

Hmmm It really depends on what any particular person wants from a show.

We had stands at the Warwick Overland Show, Stafford 4x4 Show, RGS Overland Weekend, Driffield, Billing and Peterborough plus went as a day visitors to LRM Stoneleigh.

Please remember that I may well have a biased opinion as a trader

Warwick, was not only the first show of the year but also the first overland show. A small, friendly indoor show with a strong emphasis on overland travel. Not of much interest if you are a hard core challenge type person! Just a one day show.

Stafford TOR Indoor show was a weekend show! My opinion, a 'tired' show, expensive for traders, unfortunately it also attracts some of the less desireable type members of the public. Due to cost of trade stands we are doubtful if we will attend in 2012.

LRO shows at Driffield, Billing and Peterborough. Outdoor shows are always at the mercy of the elements which certainly did not help things at Driffield or Billing. YES the arena events put on my LRO/Live Promotions could well do with a revamp. Time for LRO/Live to come up with something different. We think that the international element at Billing is going downwards whereas at Peterborough it is going up.

LRM Land Rover Max at Stoneleigh. Lets just say that the price for trade stands at Stoneleigh are astronomically high and number of visitors low. Nice showground and some interesting attractions but unless they start to get realistic about prices ! We could talk to stand holders for 30 minutes at a time without customer interuptions. Steam fair, ice cream etc good. Good for familys

RGS Overland weekend is a great weekend, not many traders there. A weekend of lectures/demonstrations and time to speak to other travellers. My favourite event, however from a selling point of view not so Razz
So take your pick!

Brendan
Post #93300 8th Oct 2011 5:22pm
lrmaniac

Portugal 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
Thanks for tips guys!

My friends want to go to Billing ... maybe something to do with that "internationalization" of the show!
The fact that it has lots of LR to see, lots of traders and second hand parts is a major atractive!

We definetly prefer an outdoor show ... We want to go camping also !! Because I read lots of magazines and hang around in lots of LR pages I told them that there were more shows than Billing ... but your comments left me more doubts ...

I'll keep an ear on what you plan to do ... But it will be one of those three! Regards
Joao

'10 Land Rover Defender 110 CC
'08 BMW F800GS
'64 SIIA Forward Control
'69 SIIA 109 ZA CKD
Post #93466 9th Oct 2011 8:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1