↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > 'Win a car' competitions..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
When the original Peugeot 205GTi was introduced, one of the motoring mags offered three of them as prizes for the best advertising slogan. My entry was : “The Lion Roars A Warning”, which I thought was quite good, referencing both the company’s logo and the Golf GTI which was until then unique.

Next month’s issue showed pics of the three lucky winners but, to add insult to injury, special mention of the slogan……… A Lion Roars A Warning.

Peter

p.s. a non-motoring story concerns a mate of mine at the time we both worked in Luxembourg, whose wife won the second prize in a magazine competition. Must have been a posh mag - first prize was a world cruise - but the magazine ‘phoned her to apologise that there was some delay in sending her the diamond ear-rings but Blah Blah of Hatton Gardens wasn’t happy with the cut and would re-do them. My mate was unaware of all this until he was called to the Luxembourg Customs Office to pay the Luxury Import Duty on items which the magazine had insured for fifteen hundred quid or something (shades of things to come post-BREXIT?). Have you ever SEEN fifteen hundred quid ear-rings hand-cut by a Hatton Garden jeweller? Far from being absolutely wow bling. the stone was absolutely minuscule; my mate even tried to sell them for what he’d had to shell out for import duty, but no buyers. The air was blue with: “Why the *’//* didn’t you ask for them to be sent to our UK address?”
Post #872124 9th Dec 2020 1:15pm
Adammacky

United Kingdom 
I won some Dr Pepper pants Laughing

But that is all...

However my wife often wins a competition i made up myself... its called which door leaks on you first, passenger or driver Shocked
Post #872127 9th Dec 2020 2:11pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Now I think about it I've actually won quite a lot of things for "liking" and "sharing" posts on FB. A £100 voucher for First Four Offroad, a set of Pioneer 4x4 brake hoses, A £50 voucher for TK Maxx, some random stuff from Paranoid Engineering (before they went bust). 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #872164 9th Dec 2020 6:16pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Back in 2006 I won a winch in a competition in LRM magazine. I had grand plans of using it on a demountable cradle but never completed it and sold it on unused in the end Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge
 Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #872191 9th Dec 2020 7:59pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
I recently won my money back on a new laptop from Currys PC World. Chuffed Very Happy

Also won this amazing picture a few years ago from a FB competition. And Friday I'm going to win the Euro Lottery!! Whistle

James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #872198 9th Dec 2020 8:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12