Home > Td5 > Replacing a single injector
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
Replacing a single injector
Morning all,

Bit of a back story, my 15p Td5 has always had an appetite for injector seals over the last 6years. The issue is always on one cylinder and caused by a defect/damage in the sealing face on the end of one injector. You can see in the below picture that one of the two raised rings at the base of the injector (which embed into the copper washer when clamped down) is incomplete. This is also visible and the leak obvious in the failed copper washer. When i change the seal (i now usually do this one only as i know that it will be the issue) I use genuine washers, the seat in the head is scrubbed spotless and injector clamp correctly torqued. The seal generally lasts for 12-18months.

I was going to change the whole set with a good used set but issues getting the set and now finding that the cylinder 1 injector socket has got a hairline crack means funds have been stretched somewhat. The cost of the new AMC head and new parts means that a set of recon injectors is not possible. I have also previously had to return a genuine land rover injector which i bought 2yrs back after it transpired that it was faulty and also not new but a 'recon' one.

What are peoples experiences/opinions of fitting a single refurb injector in place of the damaged one?

Keep going around and around in my head about the potential issues with doing this as it just seems wrong in my head!

Cheers Steve

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread
84' 90 3.9 V8 Caged Pickup Build Thread - Now For Sale

Mobile Diesel Heater Build Thread
Post #871080 3rd Dec 2020 10:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1