↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [now SOLD] LEFE my 2008 UK registered LHD Defender 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Msull0809

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
[now SOLD] LEFE my 2008 UK registered LHD Defender 110
ad ref 201201-997

Click image to enlarge

I think the time has come to sell LEFE the land rover, I'm just not using it, I'm looking for around £23,000. LEFE is left hand drive 2008 defender 110 Station wagon. Born on the 18 August 2008 I imported her from Sierra Leone in 2019. Originally a Rest of World standard S model 7 seater built for the UK Government, LEFE was fitted out with a Warn 9.5ti winch, underbody protection, radio equipment (now removed), full length Brownchurch roof rack and internal roll cage before being shipped to work as a diplomatic vehicle for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in Sierra Leone.

LEFE is a 2.4 tdci with 80,000km (approx. 50,000 miles) on the clock.

In 2018 LEFE was sold by the FCO to their mechanic who planned to use her, he died and his wife sold it to me. The interior had been replace with a rubbish defender one and items like the air con pump etc had been removed. As a diplomatic vehicle LEFE had never been registered in Sierra Leone so I had to import here before she could be exported back to the UK again, an interesting process on its own, eventually she made it back to Tilbury docks where she was met and transferred to a garage in Kent for overhaul and service being checked over to ensure she was UK ready and prepared for UK registration. She is fully registered in the UK and has passed both her last MOTs (recent one in October) she is currently taxed. The chassis is perfect and sound it even has the original stickers on it.

Over the past year I’ve spent a lot on enhancing her and bringing her back up to standard. In addition to the items fitted by the FCO
• 9.5ti Warn winch
• Internal roll cage
• Steering and diff protection
• Full length Brownchurch roof rack
She has also had the following done
• Fully serviced
• Full review and overall where needed
• New brakes, discs, bushes (where needed), steering damper and shockers all round
• Boost alloys and decent tyres
• Full fuel system clean
• Four new injectors
• Alive remap
• Review of the electrics (some fuse had been replaced with wire!) new alternator, battery and starter
• Aircon unit replace – now fully working and ice cold
• Heat seats fitting
• MUD double mirrors
• Replacement front seat (black cloth) and 2nd row (1/2 leather XS) – I am trying to find replacements, so they match
• I covered parts of the dash and cubby box lid in Harris Tweed
• Soundproofed floor (and under bonnet) and Exmoor premium carpet throughout
• New adventurer style grill and badge
• Wipac LEDs all round
• Trucklite LED headlights
• Pioneer flip out screen DAB radio with android auto, apple car play etc and rear camera
• New bumpstops
• Buzzwelded cross member
• Side steps fitted
• 3mm heavy duty black checker wingtops
• Mantec snorkel
• Momo starlight removable steering wheel on Optimil Boss
LEFE was stolen in January but recovered very quickly because of the tracker fitted. Since then its had a lot of security upgrades including removable steering wheel, bonnet security and other things I’m not putting on here but I will let the new owner know and matching locks all round.

What do I think needs doing?

This was a working vehicle, this defender did what it was paid to do and often in the bush or on unmade roads, work I am aware needs doing is now purely cosmetic. In addition to what seems like a continual battle to clean red dust from every part of the vehicle, I would point out the following:
• The rear corner panel is rippled, it’s been looked at and it not structural and I have been quoted £600 to repair and repaint (mainly time). If I it doesn't sell its next on the list together with some Landyglass
• There are dents on every panel, nothing major but in my view they add to the patina.
• The wing tops on both wings have indents, I pondered replacing but then covered with heavy duty black checker (not the cheap stuff).
• Match the seat fabrics to your choice, black cloth in the front, or XS ½ leather middle or vinyl third row!
• The bumper has bends at either side, not detrimental I’m just being transparent, I keep considering changing it and might get around to it over Christmas.

LEFE has been a personal project for me and I’m sad to sell her. I have long connections with the FCO and Africa coupled with a long time love for land rovers. I tried to make her a mix of standard explorer style on the outside with comfort inside.
She is named after the first letters of my grandchildren (not because its left-hand drive). I am sad to sell her and I know I will immediately regret it, she is more than a vehicle but realistically she sits around and should be used. After the theft in February I became paranoid about it happening again so its sat in storage away from my home most of the time so not in daily plus which is a real shame, We also have been unable to do all we wanted to this year so its done less than 1,000km since I bought it and that includes driving it back from Essex.

I'm looking for around £23000, I think the price is fair given all the work (I’ve probably forgotten loads). I am happy to negotiate but it might include remove stuff like the truckites, security and stereo. also happy to send everything defender I have in the garage.

Any questions please feel free to ask, if you need any more photos again let me know and I will take them or do a video show around.

thanks for looking

201201-997

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #870684 1st Dec 2020 9:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1