Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Kawasaki GPZ 500S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Shroppy

United Kingdom 1986 Defender 130 V8 Petrol HCPU Aintree Green
[For Sale] Kawasaki GPZ 500S
Something a bit different;

Long story short, I was given this bike last year by a friends father who owned it for many years. He stopped riding it about 7 years ago but it was fitted with two new tyres and a SS exhaust just before he hung up his leathers. About 3 years ago my friend asked if I'd be willing to help them get it back to a roadworthy condition so he could do his test and ride it, we did just that and after some fettling and a new battery my work was done. Fast forward to 2020 and my friend is living in London and the bike is sat idle at his Dad's house. I get a call to ask if I'd like it as a project, I was touched and of course accepted it without a second thought. Some photos of it when collected;

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Now, I'm not a biker, for a moment I thought I might get into it but I've realised I'll only hurt myself and the money would be better spent on a house deposit. I've given the bike some tlc, got it running well, freed the clutch off etc. but that's about as far as I got. I've not touched it for a few months so it's time it moved on.

The odometer reads 21k I think, there's a bit of a history file and I have the V5 in my name. No MOT and it'll need a bit more love before it will pass one.

ebay This is the price it sold (yes sold) for 3 years ago but the sale was cancelled by my friends father. The money will go back to my friend/his father as they're truly great guys and I don't feel its right for me to profit from this despite the hours I've spent on it!

I'd appreciate any thoughts on price etc. from those more knowledgeable than me on this. 1985 127 V8 Build Thread
Series 2 109"
Series 1 80"

Last edited by Shroppy on 22nd Jan 2021 3:08pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #875627 1st Jan 2021 10:28am
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
id say its worth it make a nice winter bike for someone Smile
Post #875658 1st Jan 2021 2:51pm
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
Hi I totally agree with andydef90 it’ll make a great winter hack or would make someone a really nice cafe racer project, it’s something I’m looking at doing however mine would have to be a 125cc as no full licence and no desire to get one now, I’ve googled Kawasaki gpz500 cafe racer and their a good looking bike in my opinion

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I think an asking price of £500 is a very fair price and with the options above it will hopefully open up a wider market for it, good luck with the sale I’m sure it won’t hang around 👍
Post #875663 1st Jan 2021 3:37pm
Shroppy

Thank you both, I had intended to do a bit of a cafe racer build myself but have to be realistic about when I'd actually get round to it. It would be great to see it used, I've ridden it briefly around the farm and it is certainly great fun! 1985 127 V8 Build Thread
Series 2 109"
Series 1 80"
Post #875717 1st Jan 2021 6:51pm
L110CDL

England 
Off Topic loving that county in the back ground of the first pic Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #876506 5th Jan 2021 9:46pm
Shroppy

Bike is now listed for sale on eBay as I need the space back, the sale will benefit a local community centre in accordance with the previous owners wishes. 1985 127 V8 Build Thread
Series 2 109"
Series 1 80"
Post #880143 22nd Jan 2021 3:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1