Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Rear Entertainment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
C&M

United Kingdom 
Rear Entertainment
Hi

I am making my "wish" list for a new 110 - long shot but you have to have a target to aim for Thumbs Up

I have looked at various options and its getting pretty tied down, but struggling to see if there is an option to install Rear Entertainment.
I've never been a fan before but it came with our D5 and I have to admit , on long journeys it keeps the toddler from needing to get out quite so quick - especially on long runs to the south of France. I can cover a lot more ground between stops

I just ran out of patience trying to configure one as I found the whole "build your own" interface really clunky

TIA Defender D250 HSE
Dender 110 XS - sadly gone
VW Polo
VW Caravelle - Gen 6
Post #868657 20th Nov 2020 6:32pm
Tim in Scotland

In the seat back of most models there are charging points and slots to fit an iPad / tablet holder which is why there is no RSE option in L663 Defender
https://buildyour.landrover.co.uk/lr2/r/ac...1605519550
Scroll down to the Click and Play section at the bottom of the listing Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #868671 20th Nov 2020 7:19pm
W84IT

United States 
I'm using the click-n-play option in my new Defender. I found 2 generation 3 iPads on ebay and purchased them both for $145 total...However, the 2 click-n-play iPad holders cost me $277 for both. My 7 year old is pretty happy with them as they keep him entertained on long drives. The Bluetooth headphones were purchased on Amazon for $25 each.

Click image to enlarge
 Ray
2020.5 Defender 110 P400HSE
2016.5 Range Rover HSE

Last edited by W84IT on 25th Nov 2020 2:01pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #868676 20th Nov 2020 7:39pm
W84IT

United States 
Here's another option that worked great in my L405 Range Rover...these connect to the headrest similar to the click-n-go.

Ray
2020.5 Defender 110 P400HSE
2016.5 Range Rover HSE
Post #868680 20th Nov 2020 7:55pm
Joe_80

Just watch out when trying to get your iPad into the holders. We found out that JLR stopped making the holders for any iPad beyond version 3 (I think) same for the iPad minis etc. its worth double checking as we nearly cracked the screen on our iPad trying to get into the holder. The difference between the versions is a matter of millimetres.

Our solution - a piece of MDF the same depth as the iPad cut to size with some velcro to the iPad case - cost a lot less than a new (older) iPad or a replacement screen 2020 Defender 110 First Edition with a couple of factory options

Previous LRs
Discovery 5 (current now Wife's car)
Evoque - Also Wife's (previous)
Freelander (previous)
3 door RR V8 (Very Previous - but got me stated! Wink )
Post #879491 19th Jan 2021 10:29am
Tim in Scotland

Don’t know if this helps but Brodit does a holder for the later iPads as I use one with my 2020 iPad Pro in my old Defender, along with the clamp they make for old Defenders, as far as I know they don’t yet make the bit that replaces the mount to make it a Click and Play but can that stalk bit of the Click and Play bit be screwed into the backing plate of the Brodit Ipad holder?

The hook bit on the back is removable/interchangeable

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

This piece is only screwed onto to back of the tablet holder

Click image to enlarge

A clever person with a 3D printer might be able to make their own Click and Play adapter Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #879502 19th Jan 2021 11:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1