↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Ford Bronco Virtual SEMA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Ford Bronco Virtual SEMA

Some really cool and well thought out features here.

Enjoy
Post #868495 20th Nov 2020 8:30am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Superb design philosophy! What a shame JLR wasn't from the same school of thought, but I guess the market is very different here. I wonder if the Brinco will come to the UK.

The video is a great showcase of the CGI artist's art as well, I didn't spot a single real background in the video.
Post #868508 20th Nov 2020 9:36am
Tim in Scotland

So it’s dead easy to “modularize” it as the modules just bolt on........... I think a few unfortunate Classic Defender owners know exactly what happens when bits of the car come off without too many tools.......... half your car disappears from the car park. Might not be a problem in the USA but I don’t think European Insurance companies will be too keen on that feature. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #868517 20th Nov 2020 10:22am
Ecco

Malaysia 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Galway Green
..fantastic stuff..im not sure is it coming to where i am, ill check with Ford here..i hope it does..
Post #868585 20th Nov 2020 3:33pm
seriesonenut

United Kingdom 
Not sure the claim the original was the first luxury SUV is quite correct is it? Surely the RR kick started that. Anyway I like the thinking behind the new truck. 2010 XS USW
1957 Series One 88 diesel
1958 Series One 88 4x2
Post #868596 20th Nov 2020 4:14pm
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
International Harvester Scout 1961

Jeep Wagoneer launched 1963

Ford Bronco launched 1965

RangeRover launched 1970

In comparison to a Series2 or Jeep CJ5 they were all luxurious.
Post #868648 20th Nov 2020 7:19pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I think it’s entirely possible the Bronco does come here. The Mustang has been..

I was talking with them about the Ranger Raptor the other day. (Pointless really as I’m always sticking with my 90).
I mentioned about the F150 instead and they genuinely were interested in feedback and took it on board.

I do like Ford, just prefer the USA arm over the European. The commercial side of Ford here in GB is fairly decent, the standard dealerships are very poor compared to those across the pond IMHO.

We shall have to see. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #868667 20th Nov 2020 8:00pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Reading it's been delayed until summer 2021 due to coronavirus-related supplier issues...
Post #871370 4th Dec 2020 11:00pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Makes sense otherwise they’d probably only be left sitting around in case any sudden restrictions occurred. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #871419 5th Dec 2020 1:25pm
Chris86

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 USW Chawton White
New Bronco
I have seen mention that the new Bronco *may* be imported in limited numbers in a similar fashion to the Mustang.

I'm really impressed and I hope they do import it- it ticks the majority of the boxes the new Defender doesn't.

I can't help but think this is probably a bit worrying for JLR, it does demonstrate where they *could* have gone with new Defender producing something genuinely fresh rather than going for the easy option and just recycling the same tech and parts that exist in the rest of the range, and chucking some vaguely retro design references to the original defender at it.

Regards

Chris
Post #871458 5th Dec 2020 7:21pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
About 100 Ford dealers to invest in dedicated Bronco stores
Interesting decision.

Click image to enlarge

"Even before the new Bronco goes on sale, some dealers are planning to turn the SUV and its offshoots into essentially a third brand for Ford Motor Co. by adding dedicated showrooms.

It’s an idea originated by dealers, not a top-down edict from the factory. At their request, Ford created renderings for standalone stores and agreed to reward those who open one by slightly increasing their Bronco allocations.

Ford officials expect about 100 dealers to build Bronco showrooms, which will be near or connected to existing Ford stores and feature the SUV’s horse logo instead of the Blue Oval.

A separate store is one of several optional facility improvements Ford has developed for dealers to show off one of its most highly anticipated nameplates in years, as well as the Bronco Sport that arrived in January and future additions to the off-roader family. It comes as rival Jeep prepares to add hundreds of standalone showrooms, and a little more than a decade after Ford trimmed its portfolio and retail network to focus exclusively on the Ford and Lincoln brands.

“It’s an announcement to the world we’re back; the Bronco is back,” Tim Hovik, owner of San Tan Ford in Gilbert, Ariz., and chairman of Ford’s national dealer council, told Automotive News. “It’s such an iconic product that in an absolute way, we feel a Ford dealer is really adding almost an additional franchise.”

Ford’s design calls for a sleek, 3,800-square-foot building with an outdoor fire pit, indoor accessory wall and room to display three vehicles. The exterior includes black paneled siding, a gray stone entryway and wood accents.

Andrew Frick, Ford’s head of U.S. sales, said the automaker came up with three ways dealers can highlight the Bronco: a standalone showroom, an expansion of existing showrooms or displays that can be added to a showroom.
“So we have an option for pretty much any budget, and as we’ve repeated several times, it’s all strictly optional,” he said in an emailed statement to Automotive News.
Ford wanted the Bronco’s launch to be focused on the product rather than facility upgrades, but some dealers made clear that they were interested in making significant upgrades to promote the vehicle, Frick said.

“The excitement around this iconic brand and dealer confidence in our Ford brand generated the initial request and ideation for the Bronco store,” he said.

“We did develop an official Bronco showroom, bringing to life the essence of Bronco to ensure consistency across the network for those that wanted to more heavily invest.”

https://biznewspost.com/news/automobile/ab...co-stores/
Post #897443 11th Apr 2021 4:05pm
Philip

United Kingdom 
Re: New Bronco
Chris86 wrote:

I can't help but think this is probably a bit worrying for JLR, it does demonstrate where they *could* have gone with new Defender producing something genuinely fresh rather than going for the easy option and just recycling the same tech and parts that exist in the rest of the range, and chucking some vaguely retro design references to the original defender at it.

Your description is *exactly* what the Bronco is - a version of the cheapo T6 Ranger pickup platform with a retro pastiche body on top, nothing more. At best it’s a threat to the Wrangler, because that’s another leisure toy, too.
Post #897447 11th Apr 2021 4:18pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Pre production vehicle in the hands of Loren Healy.

Some background info -

He is an Ultra 4 racer and works with Ford. He was given a wide body Ranger (similar to a UK Raptor Ranger) to develop a coil over suspension system to take a 40 inch tyre. As the underside is almost the same as the Bronco the plan is to have a kit ready as soon as the Bronco hits the sales room floor.

Lite Brite are a You Tube channel best known for their Jeep, but also have a Ram truck. Polaris side by side and came 24th at this year King of the Hammers in their Bomber chassised Ultra 4....so know what they are doing.

Compare this video to the recent TFL Jeep V8 / Defender.

Enjoy

Post #897506 11th Apr 2021 6:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1