Home > General & Technical (L663) > Battery problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
orled

Battery problems
Tried using Remote App for unlocking recently and would not allow
“Vehicle battery too low” message produced
Vehicle used regularly, decent mileage per trip so checked voltmeter across terminals under bonnet 12.2v
Charged overnight CTEK and 12.9v after stabilising
Following morning 12.5v and still get same message
Another post shows members in USA having replacement batteries after shipping and storage
Anyone else had this issue?
My Defender purchased in June so wonder whether it had been sitting around during first lockdown ?
Post #871922 8th Dec 2020 11:01am
Tim in Scotland

Mine was also delivered in June and so far the only battery warning I’ve had is to start the engine or the radio would switch off in 3 minutes. have you raised the issue with Land Rover Assistance (sometimes a better option than going to the dealer!). Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #871930 8th Dec 2020 11:59am
orled

Thanks got that. Will run vehicle few more days whilst measuring voltage then contact them.
Would be interesting if you try same on the Remote App just in case it’s a software issue
Post #871944 8th Dec 2020 1:34pm
Tim in Scotland

Just done it and no problem from the app other than I got a brief time out message but the us usual and I get the same when I use the remote start. It won’t help that I’ve just come home from town, 16 miles away so the battery will have had a charge , I’ll try again tomorrow morning after it has sat out in the cold overnight. Which version of the app are you using, the old InControl Remote or the later version? There are two in the app stores. When my car was delivered I spent a week with JLR iT trying to get the later app to recognise my log in and it just wouldn’t. They advised to down load the old app that I had been using for the RRS I had between 2015 and 2018, it worked first go and I’ve been using it since. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #871982 8th Dec 2020 5:13pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Re: Battery problems
orled wrote:
My Defender purchased in June so wonder whether it had been sitting around during first lockdown ?

Have you not got actual build date?
Post #871984 8th Dec 2020 5:19pm
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Most modern vehicles take approx 20mins to shut down ecus after locking the vehicle. Open a door and it boots everything up again and then another 20mins to close down. L322, 405 were also bad for leaving sat nav routes running when vehicle was turned off, GPS module kept working draining batteries.

Avoid opening closing doors frequently with no startups. A camping trip can be a nightmare. Better to leave doors open if your back and fwd to vehicle alot.

All this may be irrelevant in your case but could be of use. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #872016 8th Dec 2020 8:24pm
Tim in Scotland

I’ve tried it this morning after a cool night here and no issues with low battery warnings trying to unlock or lock from the app. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #872108 9th Dec 2020 11:56am
orled

I tried both new and old Apps as suggested. Same low battery warning despite 12.6v
Happens in all sections of remote app including climate, locking, beep & flash
Also tried rebooting PiviPro just in case it had any influence - no benefit
Makes me think software issue but will ask dealer tomorrow
Post #872219 9th Dec 2020 10:35pm
Mark1107

United States 
For a month driving my Defender everyday I still got that damn low battery warning. I went out two weeks ago and the battery was dead. It was a bitch jump starting the car, which it wouldn’t start. I was able to transfer enough juice to move the freaking seat to even get to the battery. I then drove to dealership and got a new battery for free. Welcome to first year ownership!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2022 Defender Trek Competition 110 collectors edition!
2020 Defender 110 P400 Full Explorer Pack 7 Seater HSE Fuji White(sold)
2020 SVO Range Rover L405 Full Size Spectral Blue Chromaflair
2014 Range Rover L405 Autobiography Full Size Aintree Green
2014 Dodge Viper GTS Stryker Green
Post #872543 12th Dec 2020 7:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1