↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Windscreen hinges and bulkhead corrosion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
A little late to the party on this one, but I've had my windscreen blocks changed twice under warranty when signs of obvious issues were appearing beneath the paint.

All my dealer asked me for was a full shot of the car, the number plate, the vin plate and the effected area. Took a couple of days and they came back each time confirming approval.

Same with the windscreen surround, also done twice.

I'll admit my dealer hasnt covered themselves in glory, more than once, but they've always been upfront about warrranty claims with me and only ever knocked back one claim which was for corrosion on the side steps. Took one look underneath and pointed to damage to the underside and said JLR will knock it straight back.

As others have said I think a lot of it is down to the individual dealers and their relationship with JLR. Keep at it and if needs be try a different dealer. 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #869567 25th Nov 2020 5:17pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Yep, I had no major issues with getting the windscreen surround on the Heritage done at least twice under warranty. I had all side steps replaced too.

They took some arm twisting on repainting the wheels though.....frustratingly inconsistent.
Post #869568 25th Nov 2020 5:22pm
Petronius4

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Update:

Finally! I have heard back from JLR and they have agreed to replace the whole windscreen body unit. It goes in on the 8th for an 'unspecified' number of days. I forgot to ask whether they'll fit the same colour panel as the rest of the car.

Thanks again for all of the comments and advice. I'll keep you posted.

P. -------------------------------
👲🏻 1986 ex-Military 90 NAD 2.5 Soft Top. Sold
🇬🇧 2015 Defender 90 - Ripon Landrover Heritage 006
Post #871311 4th Dec 2020 5:38pm
Petronius4

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Forgot to say but the way I finally got them to accept the work was by taking a photo of the front of the vehicle, then adding arrows pointing to affected areas and then I took four photos of each side with each photo slightly closer then the last until the final one was a macro zoom of affected area.

I sent these direct to the 'outsourced' bodyshop who then sent them to JLR warranty who then told dealer who then called me.

It's slightly galling that I had to in effect do all the work to get JLR to underwrite their own warranty but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it now.

Also caught this on ewe tube the other day so I'm sorta feeling blessed that I have a Defender I understand and can fix (for the most part)

P. -------------------------------
👲🏻 1986 ex-Military 90 NAD 2.5 Soft Top. Sold
🇬🇧 2015 Defender 90 - Ripon Landrover Heritage 006
Post #871312 4th Dec 2020 5:49pm
Bill1919

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
My experience is similar to Rosco’s. A local dealer replaced my windscreen blocks and did the windscreen surround at three and a half years and did the windscreen surround again a few weeks ago at five and a half years.
What’s ‘covered’ by warranty seems be to dependant on the relationship with your dealer.
Post #871316 4th Dec 2020 6:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12