↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > My spanish 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Race.it

Spain 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White

Click image to enlarge

Been earning its keep today moving sets of shelves. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

5 months after starting the search I found it, and here is the details
Post #910621 3rd Jul 2021 3:25pm
Race.it

Change of fluids in the diffs, transfer case and gearbox today

Most time consuming part was locating the gearbox filler hole. Years of the air conditioning and a weep from somewhere on the transfer case means the gearbox part is covered in about 1cm of mud/gunge so needed to clear away some of that before opening the filler bolt.

Engine oil did not get changed as the filter was the wrong one. So that will be another time when I fit the shiny new steering bars from Gwynn Lewis. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #911803 10th Jul 2021 5:22pm
Race.it

so new panhard on its way from the UK, it was only £3 more expensive then buying from a Spanish recambios site, but I could get the correct LR bolts and nuts from the UK the local websites dont allow me to purchase the nuts and bolts.

Also got an oil filter as paying for shipping and a couple of other small items, as they are currently broken. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #912507 15th Jul 2021 1:03pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #912509 15th Jul 2021 1:11pm
Race.it

Filled the tank and it leaked 🥲

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

So the other day I filled it to the brim (normally do) but then noticed some extra on the floor where I was. So managed to get under it today and looks like breather hose is cracked at both ends, prob a hole somewhere so another thing for the list. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #919818 3rd Sep 2021 4:01pm
Race.it

Did promise myself to do the vcv today but the fuel breather hose I felt was more important.

God that’s a Censored to get to. Well positioned screwdriver seperated the factory clip on the tank end. It came off easy then.

Inspection shows it was not leaking at the tank end but by the little breather T.

So with that done the vcv was next on the hit list. Then the trouble starter. Had to walk the dog and the garage door failed to shut.

So that took presidente over the vcv, there is always tomorrow.

Also washed it and put €40 of diesel in just to test if it was coming out, so far so good Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #924084 2nd Oct 2021 4:02pm
Race.it

So realized I had a bulb gone

Click image to enlarge

Soon back to full ability

Click image to enlarge
 Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #926794 22nd Oct 2021 4:34pm
Race.it

Changed the panhard rod on Sunday, was supposed to be doing the vcv but my tool collection was just not up to it. So waiting for a longer allen key now. Other option was take off the inlet manifold but could not locate any how twos on that subject. But did locate the gaskets I would need if I did that.

Also got the focal speaker kit for the front to install. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #927122 25th Oct 2021 8:53pm
Black Puma

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Sumatra Black
Looks as though you have been busy with essential maintenance. Well done Thumbs Up

I had that exact same park light bulb go last week, W5W. Just reminded me to fix mine!
Post #927132 25th Oct 2021 10:03pm
Race.it

So this weekend was some maintenance and a couple of mods.

Maintenance was cleaning the MAP and MAF sensors then whilst they were drying I installed the mud blower deflector

Click image to enlarge

As others on here have done also I did not fix it as it seams to be quite tight fit. Let’s see if I change my mind in the future.

Next mod was some speakers that I brought from mud also (have to use the admin fee as best I can when I import stuff from the UK)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

It used to have some basic co axel speakers in the lower panel and no tweeters sounds a lot better now, next an amp, it’s going down hill quickly Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #927798 30th Oct 2021 10:59am
Race.it

Todays fun and games has been cleaning the gearbox transfer case area. In its past history I know it’s had a leak in that area, I don’t know if they ever cleaned it when they fixed it but it’s caked in soil and every time I have the aircon on it gets wet. So decided to start to clean the muc from the outside, I still think it’s leaking but once it’s clean it’s simpler to tell. 1/2 a hour in with scrubbing and a strange cleaner solution I am under the top later but ran out of the cleaning solution so back in a couple of days for more fun and games. Next time I may not do it in the garage but outside proped up on a kerb as I am now covered in as much mud as the gearbox was. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #929406 11th Nov 2021 4:23pm
Race.it

Yet more small things from the todo list.

One of the rear side windows I noticed was open slightly, then realized it did not lock shut (best to test yours by pushing on the outside). Thought at first it was the felt, but no rattles and upon inspection looked fine.

Comparing side to side and also workshop manual references I worked out in the past somebody had the catch off (to do the tints I guess even though it’s cut around the catch on one side) and they had not put it back on correct so it was leaning too far out at the top. Quick unscrew of one screw and put back on square and prob the cheepest fix I have had so far.

Next one was to tackle the 3rd row seats somebody had cut the webbing that held the frame up when the seat was folded. When the rear is empty this rattled a lot. Brought the strap and the correct pin for the seat side but could not work out how the special rivit worked so used a tie wrap to hold the end on the seat, then found a suitable clip to hold the strap to the bar and second success for the day. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #929668 14th Nov 2021 6:59am
L110CDL

England 
You had a great day fixing two things and didn't cost much, happy days Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #930436 19th Nov 2021 9:39pm
Race.it

There is always one or more things to fix 😂 Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

Post #930437 19th Nov 2021 9:44pm
L110CDL

England 
That's for sure Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #930439 19th Nov 2021 9:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>