↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender at “Las Comes” (aka Land Rover Party)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
o4dn

France 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White
2020 Defender at “Las Comes” (aka Land Rover Party)
FWIW, I was at the 14th Land Rover Party in Las Comes (north of Spain) this weekend.

There was a few 2020 Defenders there on demo, and you could enlist for a test drive on the tracks.

The car is quite amazing, I tried the “small” 4 cyl. Diesel engine on a red and a black track, I was baffled by its abilities, it's offroading without efforts (the steering is very light!), the cameras show where your wheels are at any time.

At some point, we had to climb a steep slope at the “demo” zone, one that I do in low range in 2nd or 3rd gear with my Puma with a bit of momentum - With the new Defender, the LR instructor told me to leave the new Defender in high range, without any momentum, and the car just climbed, effortless. And that's with road tyres with a normal tyre pressure!

I think this is a fantastic car - Unfortunately, it's above the price range I am willing to spend for a car (considering you have to add a hefty 20k€ of CO2 taxes here, on top of an already expensive package, that's just not reasonable, I reckon). “A Land Rover immobilized is a moral defeat for the driver and bad publicity for the vehicle, […] it's up to you to do justice to your Land Rover!” - Land Rover Driving Technique.
--
2009 2.4 Puma Defender 90 SW
1979 Land Rover Series 3 88"
Post #858507 28th Sep 2020 9:21am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
o4dn wrote:
At some point, we had to climb a steep slope at the “demo” zone, one that I do in low range in 2nd or 3rd gear with my Puma with a bit of momentum - With the new Defender, the LR instructor told me to leave the new Defender in high range, without any momentum, and the car just climbed, effortless. And that's with road tyres with a normal tyre pressure!

That sounds impressive, it would be interesting to see the torque curves of your Defender and the new Defender overlapped to see what differences there are.
Post #858672 29th Sep 2020 8:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1