↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > SHOW US YOUR NEW DEFENDERS!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 22 <123 ... 8910 ... 202122>
Print this entire topic · 
defender_enthusiast

United Kingdom 
Welcome to the forum lobsterman!

I am actually new to the LR club myself. I have driven a few defenders and have always wanted to own one, but never made the plunge until this new model!

Mine is actually going in on the 29th to get mudguards, wheel protection arches and front under shield fitted.

Yours looks 👌🏼 Both clean and after it’s been through a few puddles!
Post #862309 18th Oct 2020 8:29pm
umbertob

United States 
Finally got her in the dirt... She is no longer a virgin, lol.

Spent a day exploring the local Mojave desert / Red Rock Canyon State Park area a few miles north of the city of Mojave, California. About a dozen of us, all friends, in a variety of vehicles, from several Jeeps to Disco 3/4s and older P38s, even a Ford F150 Raptor. There were 2 brand new Defenders as well, mine and my friend Shah's gorgeous Tasman Blue. Both new Defenders - bone stock - did great, then again the trail was mostly easy going - deep sand, some steep and crumbly dirt trails of varying widths climbing the El Paso Mountains range, with a few rocky sections - not very technical, just extremely fun and scenic. Little video at the end from my dash cam of the most "challenging" part, the narrows at Goler Gulch. You can see why rock sliders (and strong, big AT tires) are very important to have in our deserts and mountains here in the US Southwest.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Abandoned talc mines:

Click image to enlarge

2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #862345 19th Oct 2020 3:50am
zilch

Australia 
Quote:
Finally got her in the dirt

Thumbs Up yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport

Last edited by zilch on 19th Oct 2020 11:52am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #862346 19th Oct 2020 5:26am
Tim in Scotland

Lovely video.

One thing I have found is that I do most of my off-road stuff solo or occasionally (in pre-COVID times, here where we aren’t now allowed to car share with people not in our “bubble”) with another adult and it’s impossible to use the cameras to their best as it’s impossible to look at the screen and see the track hence I have a severely scuffed front left (UK Passenger side) alloy........ the see through bonnet and offset views in the system are really useful if you have somebody else to watch those views and guide the driver. I’m sure I would not have done the damage in my 90 on 16” wheels and M/Ts purely because it is 30cm narrower so a bit more room for error.

Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #862356 19th Oct 2020 7:55am
J77

Scotland 
One the reasons I’m going with the steels. I’m amazed my Velars alloys are all still in one piece.
Post #862448 19th Oct 2020 3:47pm
Q86ARR

Not mine. But one I have just finished:

Defender X in Eiger Grey
Explorer pack, deployable ladder and chequer plates
Wheel arch extensions and chequer plate colour coded gloss black

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #862691 20th Oct 2020 10:07pm
zilch

Australia 
the rear door looks like it is in Indus rather than Eiger, it looks very light in colour

Click image to enlarge
 yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #862693 20th Oct 2020 10:23pm
umbertob

United States 
Indus silver matches the silver of the spare wheel cover (and bumper covers of non-X models) to a T. That's definitely darker, and quite beautiful. 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #862710 21st Oct 2020 12:20am
zilch

Australia 
in preparation for its Aussie lap, the ppf and ceramic coating has been applied, hope to
repel the majority of bush stripes .. A pillars black gloss wrapped to tie in the roof

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #862972 22nd Oct 2020 7:26am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
This isn't a criticism at all but I find it fascinating how many new owners have had work done to change the appearance of their brand new Defender - painting or wrapping bumpers, A pillars, wheels, the 'square', etc. There can't be many other new vehicles where owners would immediately contemplate such things. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #862978 22nd Oct 2020 8:18am
MrEleven

Scotland 
I do stuff to every new car i buy. Last was a bmw 5 series had the grill and eye lids blacked out de badged and windows done. Think its pretty common now to do minor changes to cars.
Post #863015 22nd Oct 2020 12:49pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
LandRoverAnorak wrote:
This isn't a criticism at all but I find it fascinating how many new owners have had work done to change the appearance of their brand new Defender - painting or wrapping bumpers, A pillars, wheels, the 'square', etc. There can't be many other new vehicles where owners would immediately contemplate such things.

Wraps and other minor mods to new vehicles are more commonplace especially as most are now leased instead of owned. When it s time to give it back you can remove the wrap and It's back to standard with no paint damage. Also it's often cheaper than specifying colour options from factory. Best case, a car isn't shifting because it's in a dodgy colour, you get it for a discount and then wrap it in a colour you like. WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #863030 22nd Oct 2020 2:30pm
W84IT

United States 
I don't think that I've ever owned a vehicle that I didn't customize/personalize. I also admire other peoples vehicles that have been customized as long as it's done in good taste. Some car manufacturers here in the USA actually support this and the vehicles come from the factory ready to be customized. There are many base model Jeep Wranglers purchased here in the USA just for the purpose of customizing it. It's very rare to see a Jeep Wrangler or Hummer here in California that's bone stock. I'm sure that will be the case with the new Bronco and the new Hummer as well. When I look at my new Defender, it just seems like they built it to be customized. The Land Rover dealers are even taking advantage of it...I've seen a few brand new Defenders at my local dealership that already has custom wheel and tire packages, custom wraps on the paint and/or painted exterior trim. Ray
2020.5 Defender 110 P400HSE
2016.5 Range Rover HSE
Post #863120 23rd Oct 2020 12:23am
Needledown

United States 
Added accessories

Click image to enlarge
Post #863124 23rd Oct 2020 3:32am
Mark1107

United States 
I love Land Rovers! I own 3 of them. Our Defender is getting its tire cover and winch bumper next week. I think our Defender is a heritage edition, with emblems commemorating Land Rovers glorious history in over landing 4 wheeling exploring.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2022 Defender Trek Competition 110 collectors edition!
2020 Defender 110 P400 Full Explorer Pack 7 Seater HSE Fuji White(sold)
2020 SVO Range Rover L405 Full Size Spectral Blue Chromaflair
2014 Range Rover L405 Autobiography Full Size Aintree Green
2014 Dodge Viper GTS Stryker Green
Post #863125 23rd Oct 2020 3:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 22 <123 ... 8910 ... 202122>