↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Parking Sensors/ Camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Barry

United Kingdom 
Re: Parking Sensors/ Camera
I will take another look , did't come across any of the rotate ones that had SatNav and a number of camera feeds

mse wrote:
Barry wrote:
Yeh mse,

Thought about that route but kept coming up with fixed screens that wouldn't fit in the single height stereo slot , and were limited to 1 or 2 inputs , closest to what I want so far though.

Cheers

mse wrote:
Barry wrote:

What I would really like is a nice touch screen , a nice dash mod to mount it and the ability to pipe any number of different stuff into it , but I fear it doesn't exist Rolling with laughter Sad

Of course it does - you want a head unit with the screen that comes out (touch of course) a good one comes with inputs (two possibly more) - Job done.

You do know the ones that rotate out of the single din screen - ones ive seen are quite good but they cost a few ££
 2011 Defender XS 110 Station Wagon - Rejected
2008 Discovery 3 XS Auto (Gone)
1997 Discovery ES Auto 300TDI (Traded in on a flat bed)
Post #80875 18th Jul 2011 8:37pm
Lorryman100

Another Puma Radio Post wrote:
Miserableolgit wrote:
So, anyone got pics of a DIN 1 size flip screen unit with built in satnav, bluetooth etc fitted in a Puma?

Lorryman100 wrote:
MG, I don't have pics but I was considering fitting the snooper satnav/radio combo instead of the Alpine head unit to ease the clutter up top. Before I bought it my mate had one of those ripspeed dvd combo player thingy ma jobs with the flip out screen which I borrowed to see what the viewing angle would be like as the dash is pretty close to you compared to other vehicles. The result was me having to put my head more to the centre of the vehicle to allow a clear view of the screen. I couldn't get along with the veiwing angle when I tried to view it when driving as you're driving position meant leaning on the cubby box at an angle so you could see the screen. Admittedly that could just have been that particular model (Halfords £300 jobby) and other manufacturers may offer a wider viewing angle or motorised side to side angle adjustment to allow a clearer view whilst driving. Also noticed that for the screen to tilt back far enough you couldn't mount it flush in the dash due to the recess of the dash. It would need a radio mounting spacer to bring it further out of the dash to allow the screen to tilt back enough and I thought that it wouldn't look right. So just opted for the Alpine unit instead, a lot less hassle to fit

Brian.
Post #80877 18th Jul 2011 8:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Surrey Rover

I had a camera setup into one of these (picture below) it was a Sony bullet cam and I had it facing out of the passenger window to cover the enormous blind spot that you get when driving on the continent. (you can just see the bracket for the camera in the far left of the picture)

I was due to rig up another camera to face down onto the tow bar and feed it in but never got around to it. It's an expensive option but some of the TFT screen's you get with these reversing camera's are a bit fisher price!

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #87650 4th Sep 2011 10:23pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Halford do single din retractable screens a good prices with video input and a Nav Sure one on special with sat nav as well reviews are very mixed DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #87674 5th Sep 2011 6:03am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I thought that it would be useful to set up one of these cameras to give me a view of the winch drum so that if I am operating it from the driving seat I can keep an eye on how the cable is spooling.

Haven't got around to it yet, though.
Post #87710 5th Sep 2011 10:12am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
LR90XS2011 wrote:
Halford do single din retractable screens a good prices with video input and a Nav Sure one on special with sat nav as well reviews are very mixed

Some are better than others - like anything ££ tends to dictate quality Mike
Post #87718 5th Sep 2011 10:32am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
Do you definitely want a flip out? What about a dash mount something like THIS or how about a ROOF MOUNT? Lots ones like these on eBay as well. Disco 3 gone but the memory of the bills remain...
XS 110 Utility maybe one day..... (did they fix the quality yet?)
Post #87765 5th Sep 2011 5:01pm
pom

I've got the dash in bits as we speak .... watch this space.

Pom
Post #87771 5th Sep 2011 5:45pm
Knot Yet

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I had a flip out head unit in my 90 but got fed up with how it sticks out when shut - its the girlie in me it offends my sense of equilibrium Rolling Eyes

Anyway I opted for one of these http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/11102.html

Really chuffed with it - Bluetooth, Camera, DVD, CD and Ipod/MP3. Will load a few photos later of it fitted. Sound quality really good as well. Have it set up to a Kenwood rear camera - perfect combination as well as really neat with a removable face plate for added security Very Happy

They also do one for £200ish that has a smaller screen - again very good as I played with both before deciding - it was exactly what I was after

J Defender 110 Puma Utility XS
Post #87773 5th Sep 2011 6:02pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
I fitted one of those JVC units for a mate, not bad but the menu EQ settings for the sub drove me up the wall I must admit!

Not a great fan of the fold out screens, the one up the thread is a Pioneer Avic X1 I think, fitted one of those for the same mate as it happens in an earlier car he had, and it stuck out quite a bit when closed. Disco 3 gone but the memory of the bills remain...
XS 110 Utility maybe one day..... (did they fix the quality yet?)
Post #87776 5th Sep 2011 6:38pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
If you fancy a 7" flat screen that you can connect reverse camera to, let me know, as I have one for sale.

Will dig out some photos.

Andy
Post #87781 5th Sep 2011 6:49pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Monitor

Click image to enlarge

Camera

Click image to enlarge

Andy

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #87784 5th Sep 2011 6:55pm
dgardel

Italy 
My solution.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #87787 5th Sep 2011 7:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BIGFOG

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Here's mine....

Click image to enlarge

This is a number plate camera, but works great up here!

Click image to enlarge

Cheap, but perfectly good screen.

Click image to enlarge

Very wide angle of view - you can just see the brake lights!

These are the details
MON036 - 3.5" High res Screen £48.41 + vat
CAM103 CCD Number Plate Camera £54.99 + vat
http://shop.reversingcamerasuk.com, speak to Chris Baldwin.

Post #87960 6th Sep 2011 9:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12