↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Defender riddled with issues - and dents
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
defender_enthusiast

United Kingdom 
Ahh kind of reassuring...I guess.

Is this something the dealer should be looking to rectify? Or is it something I’ll have to cough up to fix?
Post #859814 4th Oct 2020 7:35pm
J77

Scotland 
Knowing LR as I do, it will be at customers cost.
Post #859818 4th Oct 2020 7:55pm
Defdan

Scotland 
If that is from opening the door it is just because of the lack of a gutter above the door. I suppose roof rails would reduce the amount of run-off.

My seats looked like that when I bought it - I thought it was a pattern in the material.
Post #859836 4th Oct 2020 10:41pm
Defdan

Scotland 
Update re my defective collision warning, and low battery warning. LR said the collision warning radar was defective and was also draining the battery. Radar replaced and car return; the collision warning has worked once, but very late even though on the most sensitive setting. Let's see re the battery.

Have to take it back this week - they scratched when road testing it!
Post #859837 4th Oct 2020 10:46pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 
This was 3 days after I got it..... rear passenger door - no idea how? Never had anything like that on all my previous LR's

Click image to enlarge
Post #859896 5th Oct 2020 1:44pm
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Wow! That looks as if someone has hit it with a ball pin hammer?

Does the metal feel flimsy? That’s some dent eh?

Jim
Post #859900 5th Oct 2020 2:35pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Airgun pellet?
Post #859902 5th Oct 2020 3:05pm
Tim in Scotland

Yesterday just when I needed them all my cameras froze as did the off-road view of the car showing all the settings, suspension and diff lock status. Until I could get off the special stage and park up and shut everything, lock the car and do a hard reset even pressing the audio on/off button didn’t reset it, shutting down, locking the car and waiting 5 minutes for the info screen to go black cured it, took about 5 minutes to go black though. On restart it took a while to reboot but was able to reselect TR programs using the graphics in the small info screen on the main dash between the speedo and rev counter.
Couple of things I’ve found and how to cure with the cams - parking distance is incredibly sensitive to grass on tracks so you press the speaker icon to silence it BUT then once it detects the next grass/bracken/ tender young sapling it resets and you get never ending peeping. In that situation select off-road views and the PDC is disabled but at one stage I selected the invisible/ see through bonnet view (which is really really useful when all you can see is blue sky and clouds on a steep incline as you can see when you are about to drop off the summit into decent and get enough warning to make sure you still have HDC and S1 manual gears selected from S3 or S4 from doing the rock climb before tipping over the top, it also gives a really clear view of how the front wheels are pointing and with the bendy yellow lines if you are going to clear obstacles at the sides of the track - it’s much more informative than the normal view from the central front cam. I lost the ability to get from the see through bonnet view back to off-road view too so had to come out of off-road cams view to on road then go back to off-road again. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #859906 5th Oct 2020 3:17pm
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
wokkaman wrote:
This was 3 days after I got it..... rear passenger door - no idea how? Never had anything like that on all my previous LR's

Click image to enlarge

I had one looking like that on one of my vehicles. It was caused by the pointed end of the bottom of a van door...
Post #859921 5th Oct 2020 3:47pm
CdnDefender

Canada 
Defdan wrote:
Update re my defective collision warning, and low battery warning. LR said the collision warning radar was defective and was also draining the battery. Radar replaced and car return; the collision warning has worked once, but very late even though on the most sensitive setting. Let's see re the battery.

Have to take it back this week - they scratched when road testing it!

I have yet to take ours back but have had correspondence with the dealer. Their initial dignosis was also that the collision warning radar may be defective or the camera may be. Also, the battery may need to be replaced, both in the car and on the key fobs.

They will be taking a look at the dents as well.
Post #860324 7th Oct 2020 7:52pm
Brucemknx

Australia 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Caledonian Blue
All this is so disappointing. I joined here in 2013 - not so much to post, but for news of a Defender replacement. I've since sold my 1995 300tdi wagon and bought a Pajero. Two years into the ownership and zero issues. I have concluded that I will never be a land Rover owner again, as this car is just not going to suit my Kimberley lifestyle.

I wish you all well with your purchases and sincerely hope you have great experiences, but I'm now probably going to hang on and see what the 300 series Cruiser looks like. Or maybe smaller, the next Isuzu MUX based on the just-released D-max.

Cheers all and thanks to those I have chatted with over the years.
Post #860394 8th Oct 2020 12:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12