↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Contract hire/leasing deals
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Pilgrimmick

United Kingdom 
Contract hire/leasing deals
Just wondering who has leased one and what sort of deals they are getting.
From what I can see they are more expensive than some Range Rovers! 80" 1948
Lightweight V8
Bowler Tomcat
130 Station wagon
90 300tdi
(Santana PS10 pick up)
Range Rover L322 (Ful fat)
Post #854016 3rd Sep 2020 12:48pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Wrong thread...
Post #854021 3rd Sep 2020 1:02pm
Tim in Scotland

Re: Contract hire/leasing deals
Pilgrimmick wrote:
Just wondering who has leased one and what sort of deals they are getting.
From what I can see they are more expensive than some Range Rovers!

Figures! L405 is entering run out phase for replacement in the next couple of years and might need some “encouragement” to potential buyers to buy the end of series cars, New Defender is a new model on which very very few, if any, discounts are available. Expect “Westminster” type run out special editions of L405 soon. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #854023 3rd Sep 2020 1:09pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
My wife has been looking at the new Audi A3 which is just beginning to reach the showrooms. Similar to what Tim says, in fact you can get an A4 Avant for similar money as the new A3. Salesmen at Audi don't want you to mention the D word (discount) unless you want it on PCP then they'll contribute £1000 but then you have to take their credit deal.

It will be interesting to see what happens with regards to pricing if and when and what type of deal we get with Monsieur Barnier Whistle Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #854062 3rd Sep 2020 4:06pm
Pilgrimmick

United Kingdom 
Getting a Skoda Kodiaq as nothing LR produce match the reliability v cost. When the going gets rough I still have several ‘real’ Land Rovers.
Disappointed, but cannot really justify paying thousands of pounds for a badge that is Indian owned and manufactured in Europe. 80" 1948
Lightweight V8
Bowler Tomcat
130 Station wagon
90 300tdi
(Santana PS10 pick up)
Range Rover L322 (Ful fat)
Post #856385 16th Sep 2020 8:55pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
I think we are still in Europe...and always will be.

Interesting to note that Google says "The ŠKODA KODIAQ is currently manufactured at six car factories. In addition to the Czech plant in Kvasiny, the large SUV is also produced at sites in Changsha in China, Nizhny Novgorod in Russia, Aurangabad in India, Solomonovo in Ukraine and Ust-Kamenogorsk in Kazakhstan."
Post #856413 17th Sep 2020 6:23am
Fat Cog

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Trivia & slightly off topic but we were skiing in February & rented a chalet with a good friend, he had a Skoda Yeti 4x4 which he'd fitted snow tyres on, all I can say is it was pretty amazing; LR aren't alone in binning perfectly good models, why Skoda binned such a cracking little vehicle is beyond me...perhaps that ego maniac Mr McGovern gave them a hand designing its successor? Since 1973...S1, Air Portable's, Defender's, but only my Wolf TUL HS GS remains
Post #856423 17th Sep 2020 7:25am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
It baffles me too! The Yeti is an exceptionally well-designed and built iconic little car, extremely capable and versatile and I believe was a really good seller. To discontinue it without producing any equivalent was an extraordinary decision and one which defies rational explanation.

Unlike the Defender situation, it's not even as if the discontinued vehicle was obsolescent or non-compliant, it seems to be a vanity decision. Very sad.
Post #856426 17th Sep 2020 7:40am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Sorry, this is completely off topic, but I didn't realise the Yeti had been binned.

I know a couple of people who had them, and yes, they were, well still are, a cracking motor. It does seem a weird decision?

I ran two Skoda Octavia's for company cars and these were outstandingly good. Never could understand why some went for Golf's? Maybe there still is a stigma and bad memories??

Skoda have done some strange and short lived cars. The Rapid was Polo based and a bit weird. The Roomster was a strange little motor. The latter being far more popular.

I wouldn't hesitate at running a Skoda Thumbs Up
Post #856482 17th Sep 2020 11:54am
Tim in Scotland

I agree, why do people buy an Audi when the Skoda badged version of the same car is hugely cheaper, just as well built and sometime more reliable, just doesn’t have the posh interior feel of the Audi. My brother chopped in an Audi A4 All Road TFSI last year for a Passat 4WD Estate with a 2lt petrol engine only because the Skoda dealership on the same site didn’t have a 4WD Skoda Superb Estate available and what he was really after. He reckons as well that Skoda servicing costs are also lower than Audi and VW for the same engine......... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #856510 17th Sep 2020 3:14pm
Rashers

As they were company cars, servicing costs were irrelevant, but I expect they are cheaper👍

VW at one point were one of the worst for price per hour for servicing.
Post #856518 17th Sep 2020 3:37pm
Tim in Scotland

I wondering if the servicing intervals on the diesels aren’t just a bit too long and whether it might be an idea to just do an intermediate oil and filter change annually. My last car was a petrol PHEV and after two years the oil was new oil colour but it only did 8000 miles in that time. 3 months in with the Defender and I’ve already done 2600 miles mostly fast A roads and a couple of short motorway runs. I know it’s synthetic high quality oil and, apart from depleting my wallet substantially, it should go the distance or two years between changes I own this car and intend to keep it a while so it won’t do any harm to change the oil more frequently. My TDi300 is 24 years old and does 1200 miles a year and gets an annual oil and filter change whether it needs it or not! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #856521 17th Sep 2020 3:59pm
Rashers

I am no expert Tim, but I believe that service intervals have been extended to make the vehicles more acceptable to the company lease market (less services, less cost?).

There is a lot to be said for fully synthetic oils and they can prolong a service interval, but I would do an oil change annually if I wanted to keep the vehicle for any time and if my mileage exceed 8000 miles a year, I would seriously think about an intermediate oil change.

Saying all that, neither of the Octavia's I had got regular oil changes (the services carried out at the given intervals were just inspections) and they both done over 100000 miles without any trouble. But then they were gone at three and half years old never to be seen again.

On the flip side, changing perfectly good oil is environmentally unfriendly. Blowing your cars engine up and writing it off is more environmentally unfriendly Whistle

Tough call really. Not sure whether we just harp back to days of old with mineral oil and rubbish engineered cars?
Post #856528 17th Sep 2020 4:45pm
Tim in Scotland

The American members of RRSport.co.U.K. were always floored by our predilection for (in their eyes) mega miles/time between oil changes but they forgot two things, a) the RRS was running synthetic oil designed to go the distance in a Diesel engine and they only got the gasoline engines and b) the cost to do an oil and filter change there was charged at what we would call small change prices and with mineral oils. I think they’ve got the hang of why we did it now as the question rarely comes up now. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #856531 17th Sep 2020 5:00pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
I’ll be doing my own service mid-way between the official ones. Can do no harm.

While they can’t force you to go to the dealer for servicing any more they can sadly still mandate that the services are carried out by “qualified mechanics”. So I’ll have to go to a garage for the official services until the warranty runs out, then I can do it myself where I know it will be done properly.
Post #856555 17th Sep 2020 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1