↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Adaptive Speed Limiter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
The system uses the navigation system as well as road signs to determine the speed limit. 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #874429 23rd Dec 2020 9:11pm
zilch

Australia 
disabled it, not totally practical in the suburbs of Australia due to school zone speed limits that come into affect during certain
times of the day.. I have also noticed TSR sometimes throws up googlies when it picks up car park speed limits
off to the side (10 KPH) or other signs, so i would prefer to trust my licence to my own judgement and sight Laughing yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #874479 24th Dec 2020 3:59am
deaston

United Kingdom 
I have adaptive cruise (slightly different to adaptive limiter, but same idea of cars trying to take automation to the next level) on a VW and it drives me absolutely mad. I used to use cruise control all the time, even through town, but I barely use it now that it's "adaptive".

It's the reason I've gone for a Defender S rather than SE - the S has good old cruise control.
Post #874484 24th Dec 2020 9:07am
Tim in Scotland

Makes me wonder why you can’t have a switch to disable the radar so you can have old fashioned non-adaptive cruise. In both the RRS and FFRR I’ve owned that had Adaptive the problem for me was winter driving when the sensor would either get loads of slush on it and drop out with no cruise control at all and a 500 mile motorway trip to complete or too much road salt would do the same thing. OK so now they’ve figured out how to make it work from behind the grille but nothing will make me spec Adaptive cruise until it has the option to revert it to conventional cruise. On the TDv8 RRS I had I’m sure that my life was saved by the Forward Alert part of the Adaptive Cruise in a really dense fog patch on a country road when it detected something in front of the car that in <10m visibility caused me to slow even more from the crawl I was at when out of the gloom loomed the rear end of an unlit trailer being towed by an unlit tractor........... the forward alert probably also saved the cars following me from piling into my rear too........ doesn’t bear thinking about. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #874490 24th Dec 2020 10:41am
umbertob

United States 
Don't you just press and hold the "Gap Decrease" arrow button on the steering wheel cruise control pad for 2-3 seconds to turn adaptive/radar off and traditional/dumb cruise control on? Pretty sure that's how mine changes on-the-fly if you want it to (the adaptive symbol in the instrument cluster changes as well, from green to grey.) To toggle it back on, you press the gap increase button 2-3 secs. 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #874517 24th Dec 2020 2:10pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Use it all in the disco all the time, fantastic...but don’t use auto speed as it does miss stuff and get it wrong

Not got it full on the defender, I missed it already, but still have the disco so all’s good Mike
Post #874561 24th Dec 2020 8:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12