Home > General & Technical (L663) > Sell the kids if you want to go green
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
LR90XS2011 wrote:
lohr500 wrote:
From the photos I have seen of the rear seat space, I suspect my kids would rather be sold than have to endure anything other than the shortest of journeys in row 3.
I do hope the 130 has a better arrangement with more legroom for the 3rd row, rather than just a larger load space behind the 3rd row.

How things have changed, my dad was a self employed engineer and a mini van was the family daily transport, my 2 brothers , sister and myself all used to be transported about in the back on an old mattress!!

no rear tv screens. no radio and only 2 small rear door windows to look out of, interesting thing is we were all happy

My father had a Morris 1000 van with just a drivers seat ! Mother sat on a cushion and us kids bounced in the back...happy days. 2020 Defender 110 SE 240D: Fuji White.
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE
2007 Freelander2 HSE (man)
Post #862382 19th Oct 2020 10:28am
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I agree, as a kid there is always a novelty in travelling in an unusual vehicle. When I was in scouts fifty years ago, the whole troop used to go on our annual camping trip piled on the back of an open lorry with just the drop down sides in place to stop us falling off. In bad weather there was always fierce competition to get a place up against the back wall of the cab to keep off the worst of the rain.

But times change. In a market where there are now lots of SUV type vehicles available that can provide reasonable seating space for 7, I just think it is a shame that on a brand new design, JLR couldn't have done a better job.
Post #862383 19th Oct 2020 10:36am
Tim in Scotland

In the new 110 7 seater the middle row of seats has quite a lot of fore and aft travel that will rub the middle row occupants of a bit if the generous leg room there to give more to those in the 3rd row.

I have the side facing benches in the back of my 90 and my 7 year old grand nephew and his friends love to travel back there off-road. They get bumped around and all shook up and they find it hilariously funny judging by the hoots of laughter that emanate from behind the dog guard - even banged heads on the side windows don’t seem to upset them, it’s all part of the short lived fun. The front passenger seat is for the looser too in their heads. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #862388 19th Oct 2020 10:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12