↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Devanti Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
BuckBlu110

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 BMW M57 3.0 Diesel CSW Buckingham Blue
Devanti Tyres
Had a chat with my local tyre fitter earlier as I’m in need of a new set for the wife’s FL2. I was looking at the cooper discoverer at3, as they seem to have good reviews and doesn’t look too aggressive for the road but will do what we want for the everywhere else.
However, as it turned out, they didn’t have any in stock and told me about these devanti terratouras, which don’t look too bad going by their YouTube channel and price, but I’ve never heard of them. They told me that they’ve run one of their trucks on them for 60k miles and still have 6mm of tread on them and that they went on a off road course with them on a 110 and they performed as well as the likes of more aggressive BFG All terrains, but this may well have been the hard sell on them.
I remember someone mentioning them on here a while back and I can’t find anything about them on any other forums.
So has anyone heard or better still had any experience of them?
Post #853687 1st Sep 2020 8:47pm
L110CDL

England 
Hope this helps you

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic70957...anti+tyres

Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #853705 1st Sep 2020 9:21pm
BuckBlu110

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 BMW M57 3.0 Diesel CSW Buckingham Blue
Argh! I did a search before I posted and it didn’t come up with anything!! Never mind, Thanks Clayton Thumbs Up
Post #853707 1st Sep 2020 9:26pm
L110CDL

England 
Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #853710 1st Sep 2020 9:36pm
Chris86

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 USW Chawton White
A friend of mine runs them on his L200 and is very pleased, I have driven with them both on and off road and was quite impressed, especially on a particularly greasy rocky/mossy section of track we drove.

I know the chap who did quite a bit of the pre production development and testing on them and I know he rates them. They performed very well in the benchmark testing process back to back with some of the other bigger brands.

Only drawback I can see is the size choice is quite limited

Regards

Chris
Post #853729 1st Sep 2020 11:41pm
Pace

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Hi All,

I'm looking seriously at a set of Davantis as I have seen only good things about them. However, I am unsure which size (265/70 or 235/85 R16) to go for and how they will look on my 90.

There are very few photos showing them fitted with the whole vehicle in-shot, usually just a close-up of the wheel on an alloy.

If anyone could post a photo of how the car sits on them (preferably clean as dirt makes any tyre look more aggressive than they are), in any size I would be most grateful.

Still undecided on which rims to fit them to, boost, sawooth or Wolf are all in the running. Can't really choose.
Post #893063 21st Mar 2021 6:38pm
boxoftricks

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
I've been running them on my 110 for about 6 months now. Amazed at how quiet they are on the road. Good handling so far in all weathers. Got them after having driven a 110 at Tixover quarry and off-road really impressive. I'd recommend them and think they are up there with the premium brands.
Post #893065 21st Mar 2021 6:45pm
Pace

This is exactly the kind of review I've heard about them - thank you. They appear to be the tyre for all uses, which is exactly what I want. I don't need an offroad tyre for 95% of what I'll be doing but when I do go offroad, they need to work which it seems these will.

My main interest in them is for wet traction and particularly icy conditions and they have really good reviews in those areas.

I hate to admit it, but while I'm not into the big/wide monstertruck look, I'd prefer they had a bit of purpose about them so really want to see how they look.
Post #893068 21st Mar 2021 6:51pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Hope this is of some help to you

Post #893102 21st Mar 2021 9:21pm
Lodelaner

United Kingdom 1988 Defender 90 V8 Petrol ST Shire Blue
Can't comment on the tyres, they look good with a wrap around pattern that runs down the sidewall.

However I never rely on advocacy of a free product and don't trust anything Ed Cobley says or does. JB

@Lodelaner Instagram

Youtube greenlaning and other LR related content
Post #893195 22nd Mar 2021 3:26pm
Pace

markb110 - thank you, that's exactly what I wanted. They look fine to me, looks like his spare is a different type which looks exactly like the type of tyre I was trying to avoid. I do realise buying tyres on looks is shameful.

I'm not swayed by these paid reviews or what Edd Cobley has to say on anything, so no fear on that front. There's just no way a small channel like Tirsbaek is going to risk annoying a supplier and putting off any future sponsorship deals.

I was already on board with the performance of the tyre so now I'm happy it won't look like a Ford Kuga, I'm going to get me a set.
Post #893237 22nd Mar 2021 6:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1