Home > General & Technical (L663) > From Order to Delivery Date
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
adafish wrote:
hope its nothing to do with what i was doing last week... Whistle

He's treading a thin line with Dignity at Work policy ~ JLR will dismiss employees for gross misconduct for failing to protect the
reputation of JLR by not taking action which would have avoided information being made public, for undermining trust and confidence and breaching
said Dignity at Work policy.
Post #859604 3rd Oct 2020 6:33pm
Tim in Scotland

J77 wrote:
Special vehicles are building the Hardtops.

The rumour that production is coming back to the UK has been doing the rounds for a while.

Very interesting chat with a salesman who was doing the Dunkeld Adventure Trek today....... a) lots of L405 RR and L322 RR owners are trading to New Defender 110’s, not many D4/D5 are changing to it and B) a few sales are being lost because people don’t to buy a Land Rover product built overseas, a lot of people don’t realise the New Defender isn’t assembled here and don’t like it........ Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #859614 3rd Oct 2020 7:03pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Tim in Scotland wrote:
a lot of people don’t realise the New Defender isn’t assembled here and don’t like it........

It's easy to forget when you subscribe to a forum like this, and immerse yourself in all things JLR/Defender, that there's the majority, probably by quite some measure, of owners who know only as much about the company and the vehicle as they learned on a couple of visits to the dealer and maybe a cursory view online.

That's why it's odd, to me at least, when you hear JLR saying the new Defender has a chassis and saying that you need less expertise and effort from the driver to exploit the full capabilities of the vehicle.

It's also bad that they issue official online videos showing drivers deliberately going off the track in national parks and people handling winches with poor attention to safety.

I wonder what is it about being made abroad they don't like? Is it just that it's foreign, or it's unskilled labour with no previous experience assembling the vehicles or the fact JLR are paying well under the UK minimum wage to have the vehicles assembled?
Post #859655 4th Oct 2020 6:32am
Tim in Scotland

I don’t know what that puts people off, maybe they think of JLR as a “British” Marque and think everything used in the assembly should be British too, there are people around who think like that, often older generation. I remember when my father purchased his first Honda and commented that he felt like a traitor to U.K. industry and then I pointed out that his lovely new Civic was not assembled in Japan but at Swindon and that all Honda Civics for most of the world except Japan and a couple of other markets were all built at Swindon. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #859658 4th Oct 2020 7:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12