↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Nanocom Evolution, Problems,Hints and Tips.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Lorryman100

Nanocom Evolution, Problems,Hints and Tips.
Thought it would be easier to have one thread on problem solving, and any user hints and tips with the Nanocom Evolution. So if everyone could use this thread to post it will be easier for every one to view and reply to problems users are having. Thumbs Up
Post #53677 18th Jan 2011 5:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
daviec1

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Bonatti Grey
Good plan.

My tuppence:

I had 3 licenses, numbers 1, 2 & 3

Stuck them into boxes 1, 2 & 7 (weird), and now get access to all 4 modules I need (engine, map, AS10 & WABCO)

Learned today that programming a new key fob, do NOT wait for a horn or hazard flash as it tells you too, cos you'll be there all day, and probably just immob the vehicle & wipe your "good" fob
Whistle

Just hit the fob, hold it for a few secs, then start the car, switch it off & fob works perfect.

Now if I can just figure out why the siren does not sound when I tell the nanocom to activate it - checked all the fuses etc....... 2001 TD5 110 DCPU in Bonatti Grey
Post #53678 18th Jan 2011 5:38pm
Lorryman100

Tip
If you like me have big fingers, get yourself a stylus. They work on the evolution and saves the screen getting greasy fingerprints all over it. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
Post #53679 18th Jan 2011 5:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bomber82

Italy 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
Speed limiter
Regarding Puma version, there is the possibility to modify the speed limiter, I've tried many times but it seems don't work...
Does anybody confirms?? Matteo
Defender 110 Td4 SE MY 09
Post #53878 19th Jan 2011 2:57pm
Merlin

United Kingdom 
Tried that, seems to reset itself to 140, Kph I suspose. Put in 180 but next day it was back to 140. Shame.

Merlin
Post #53972 19th Jan 2011 7:43pm
Lorryman100

Bomber82 wrote:

Speed limiter
Regarding Puma version, there is the possibility to modify the speed limiter, I've tried many times but it seems don't work...
Does anybody confirms??

I think that only works for vehicles which have Saudi Arabia set as the country of use, in the ECU when new. As far as I am aware SA is the only country setting which allows the removal and adjusting of the speed limiter with the nanocom, you can get the speed limiter removed if you get your ecu re-mapped, such as Pete's BAS remap Thumbs Up
Post #54028 19th Jan 2011 10:20pm
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
Here is my contribution to the hints and tips.

I like to look after my stuff and thought that the Nanocom although sturdy could do with some extra protection on trips ( hopefully all it will do is rattle around in my cubby box Smile )

I found a Peli case which fits perfectly, although not waterproof is crushproof.

If I could only work out how to use it now Laughing apparently BBS are going to upload video tutorials which will be great.

EDIT: the case came with a rubber insert which I removed, I have also stuck some high density foam strips around the nanocom to stop it rattling. The sticky foam bits on the lid do nothing and are coming off.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #54631 22nd Jan 2011 11:35pm
Merlin

United Kingdom 
Hi, I like your peli case 1060, where did you buy this and how much was it? Merlin
Post #55596 29th Jan 2011 12:47pm
Gunner

Unlock Codes
Obviously a complete klutz as I'm falling at the first hurdle of trying to enter the unlock codes into my new Evolution.

After registering the unit on the Nanocom website I now have codes for License numbers 1,2 and 3

After reading the instructions as I understand it License 1 should be entered in Unlock Box 1, License 2 in Unlock Box 2 and License 3 in Unlock Box 3.

The problem is that there are already codes in these 3 boxes and I'm unable to enter or overwrite my new codes.

The cursor is a the front of the string of existing numbers/letters and I'm only able to enter the first digit of my new code.

There doesn't appear to be a way of either moving the cursor to the right and therefore being able to delete any of the existing digits or entering any other digits of my new license codes.

Probably missing something so obvious but any advice would be appreciated.
Post #55604 29th Jan 2011 2:06pm
Lorryman100

lorryman100 wrote:

1. Took unit to car and plugged in, On main screen, pressing the bottom nanocom option gives access to the units ID.
2. On to the nanocom website and registered my units I.D. Tip, Mattia is having server problems so just enter the units ID and your email address.
3. Nanocom email you your login and password details to allow you access to the restricted section. On entering the restricted section you are given access to your units licenses. Note them down and take unit back out to car.
4. Plug unit in and go to nanocom tab and select the licenses tab. Enter the codes carefully following this guide:

License1 = unlock box No1
License4 = unlock box No4
License7 = unlock box No7
The amount of licenses you need to enter depends on the version purchased.

5. Once all the licenses have been entered scroll through all the license pages until the last page and save the changes made. Otherwise you have to start again.
6. Unplug nanocom and then re plug in and voilą your nanocom is ready to go.

Gunner,

Hello and welcome to the forum Thumbs Up The touch screen allows you to place the cursor to the right allowing you to delete the code already in the box so you can enter the new one. You can also use the arrow keys to move the cursor to the right. You will also find it easier to input the details using the tip of a biro or a stylus as the keypads a bit small.

HTH Brian.
Post #55607 29th Jan 2011 2:49pm
Gunner

Thanks, the advice of a biro tip was a big help as it was my big fat fingers which were causing the problem.

Now the Nanocom is up and running it seems as if I have hours of fun ahead although after a quick look through it was good to see that there were no fault codes logged which would be a cause for concern.
Post #55612 29th Jan 2011 3:32pm
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
Merlin wrote:
Hi, I like your peli case 1060, where did you buy this and how much was it? Merlin

Hi Merlin,

Off da bay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...Categories

Steve
Post #55632 29th Jan 2011 8:04pm
CFB

United Kingdom 
Had same issue with the screen cursor position, took me ages to fathom it out.

Only tip so far is a bit off topic for this forum but on a TD5 Disco 2, the air suspension transport mode setting is inverted, so to put in transport mode you save the setting as DISABLE and to get it back out save as ENABLE. This caused me major stress as I couldn't get it out of this mode until I got the info ref the inverted settings!! Andy
Post #55639 29th Jan 2011 8:37pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
CFB wrote:
Had same issue with the screen cursor position, took me ages to fathom it out.

Only tip so far is a bit off topic for this forum but on a TD5 Disco 2, the air suspension transport mode setting is inverted, so to put in transport mode you save the setting as DISABLE and to get it back out save as ENABLE. This caused me major stress as I couldn't get it out of this mode until I got the info ref the inverted settings!!

You got it fixed then! Mike
Post #55664 29th Jan 2011 11:39pm
CFB

United Kingdom 
Eventually, after numerous emails to Peter then Mattia at Nanocom Thumbs Up Andy
Post #55705 30th Jan 2011 10:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>