↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > I never binge watch.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

I never binge watch.......
Just found this on My5 streaming - Alaska Off Road Warriors, unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to find a link to it but you’ll find it in the My5 Documentaries section. There’s even a TDI300 90 in it but ........... Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry it meets its maker half way to Dead Horse with a lubrication failure. 4 other cars - 1948 Jeep (quite heavily modified ) 2 Toyota 4Runners (one a 4 pot and severely under powered) and another vehicle I can’t identify, it could be an early Patrol or very early Land Cruiser but I don’t know. Stopped after 4 episodes with several more to go. Great off-roading in Alaska though. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #848449 6th Aug 2020 9:33pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Yes, I watched one episode then decided that I'd rather set myself on fire than watch another! What could be a good programme has been dumbed down to appeal to mindless masses to an unbeleivable extent and I don't think ghat most of the participants have even a single brain cell. It is painful to watch. Shocked

Just my personal view and others may enjoy it of course, but it just made me wonder how Charles Darwin managed to get it so wrong.
Post #848476 7th Aug 2020 6:52am
Tim in Scotland

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter but very true. One thing I found very strange in this day and age was how much smoking was shown. I realise that was the USA and the programs appear not to be professionally filmed but I’m sure if it had been made in Europe we wouldn’t have seen so much. Still not a bad watch though and I still have 2 episodes remaining for Saturday night when the braincell-less football takes over the telly. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #848483 7th Aug 2020 7:20am
blackwolf

I was also struck by the fact that it is hardly a good advertisement for the "tread lightly" philosophy, and will undoubtedly serve to perpetuate the idea that off-road vehicles wreck the planet and the drivers of such vehicles are brainless hillbillies.
Post #848498 7th Aug 2020 8:29am
ibexman

United Kingdom 
I felt sorry for the poor dog
Post #848506 7th Aug 2020 9:14am
Tim in Scotland

Especially in one of the later editions where it slides headlong off the front passenger seat into the foot well......... it’s not a small bulldog Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #848507 7th Aug 2020 9:22am
blackwolf

ibexman wrote:
I felt sorry for the poor dog

Arguably the most intelligent team member! Rolling with laughter
Post #848540 7th Aug 2020 12:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1