↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > The Defender locks one door after five seconds once opened
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Michaels Defender

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 V8 Petrol XS CSW Auto Orkney Grey
The Defender locks one door after five seconds once opened
Hopefully I can get some help with my central locking
The Defender locks the passenger door after five seconds once opened, if you are quick not a problem, leave it a few seconds and the actuator drops a few millimetres and it just pulls the rods enough to lock the door and if you are try to get out of the car you have to lock and unlock and get out before the actuator drops and ideas please? is it possible to add a video to this post?

Click image to enlarge
Post #845897 25th Jul 2020 11:23am
Barneyboy

England 1986 Defender 90 2.5 n/a Diesel ST Nato Green
Hi we had a problem when it was new with our 2010 puma and the central locking used to lock and unlock continuously on occasions, which was very annoying and the dealer was absolutely useless, however after asking on here it was suggested that the rods operating the central locking were sprayed with ACF50 which I did and it solved the problem instantly we kept the Land Rover until the week the warranty ran out and it never did it again while in our ownership, I know that yours is only the passenger door but I would recommend giving it a go and also looking at the rods in the picture they do look like they need a bit of lubrication which could be the problem Thumbs Up cheers Paul
Post #845900 25th Jul 2020 11:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1