Home > Puma (Tdci) > Defender 110 TDCI 2.2 De-cat pipe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Giby_off

Bulgaria 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SVX Station Wagon Havana
Defender 110 TDCI 2.2 De-cat pipe
Hi,

I am looking for Defender 110 TDCI 2.2 De-cat pipe. Except Alli sport (which seems expensive) I couldn't find any one else who offers de-cat for TDCI 2.2.
I sent mail to many online merchants but they all answer that they do not have this item.
Any help is highly appreciated!

Regards
Post #850676 18th Aug 2020 12:45pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Try demand engineering https://demandengineering.co.uk/
Post #850691 18th Aug 2020 1:59pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Is that actually possible, given that the 2.2 has a DPF as well as a cat? I was under the impression that deleting the DPF required electronic changes as well in order to fool the ECM into believing that the DPF was still functioning.

Easy on the 2.4 though.
Post #850696 18th Aug 2020 2:35pm
Giby_off

yes you have to patch the ECU. My major problem at the moment is to prepare the downpipe. Once I have it I will reconfigure the ECU and will replace the DPF with it.
Post #850712 18th Aug 2020 4:00pm
Giby_off

Ianh wrote:

They have for 2.2 Tdci 90 Defender. Is it compatible with 110?
Post #850713 18th Aug 2020 4:02pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
As ever you are correct Blackwolf ,
I think Australian 2.2s don’t have a DPF, so their must be a standard ECU setup that allows it.

I pointed the OP to demand engineering as I noticed they do a “DPF replacement downpipe with fixtures” they do state “NB: You agree to our product-specific terms and conditions by buying this.”
So there may be some ECU reprogramming needed, unless the sensors mounted in bosses in the “DPF replacement downpipe with fixtures” addresses the issue. I almost gave them a call, just out of interest ,to see if ECU reprogramming was needed with this setup.

Ps. I was also intrigued when I spotted this option as to an mot inspector it would look like the DPF was there. Hence I guess that is why they have specific T&C’s if you purchase one.

Check out the defender 110/130 2.2 tdci exhaust system page and you will see the above including pics when you select the option
Post #850716 18th Aug 2020 4:09pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Giby_off wrote:
Ianh wrote:

They have for 2.2 Tdci 90 Defender. Is it compatible with 110?

On the 2.4 the front section of pipe (with the cat) is that same regardless of wheelbase, so I imagine that the same is true for the 2.2.
Post #850725 18th Aug 2020 4:33pm
Giby_off

Ianh wrote:
As ever you are correct Blackwolf ,
I think Australian 2.2s don’t have a DPF, so their must be a standard ECU setup that allows it.

I pointed the OP to demand engineering as I noticed they do a “DPF replacement downpipe with fixtures” they do state “NB: You agree to our product-specific terms and conditions by buying this.”
So there may be some ECU reprogramming needed, unless the sensors mounted in bosses in the “DPF replacement downpipe with fixtures” addresses the issue. I almost gave them a call, just out of interest ,to see if ECU reprogramming was needed with this setup.

Ps. I was also intrigued when I spotted this option as to an mot inspector it would look like the DPF was there. Hence I guess that is why they have specific T&C’s if you purchase one.

Check out the defender 110/130 2.2 tdci exhaust system page and you will see the above including pics when you select the option

You are right! You have it under 110/130. Thank you!
Unfortunately downpipe for 2.2 is much more expensive than 2.4 most probably because of the mounting point for lambda.
Post #850730 18th Aug 2020 4:53pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Having a read on their site I spotted this. Confirming an ECU remapping is required when using a DPF replacement section.

“The Euro 5 compliant 2.2 Defender is fitted with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) as standard. Although a very restrictive part of the exhaust, these are essential for the Defender to comply with European Emission Legislation, and need to be present and working correctly in order to pass a UK MOT. We offer a DPF and Cat replacement pipes intended for Off road/ROW use only. During checkout you will need to agree to our terms and conditions of sale relating specifically to the sale of our DPF and Cat replacement products. This DPF section comes in 2 varieties, one with all the shield fixtures and sensor bosses present, and one with just the Lambda Sensor Boss. Both products are supplied with blanking plugs. You will require an ecu remap, or similar to use a DPF replacement product.”
Post #850741 18th Aug 2020 5:59pm
Giby_off

My ECU is unlocked and I can easily disable DPF but after that I have to quickly replace the downpipe as well.
I am waiting for a replay from them because I can't select downpipe only from the 110 / 130 TDCI 2.2 page.
Most probably they will advise me to use TDCI 2.2 90 page.

By the why I have my ECU reprogramed by Alive tuning but I will try with a local "tuning GURU" Smile in add more BHP. I hope we will be able to do it.
Next mod will be Intercooler
Post #850749 18th Aug 2020 6:30pm
sollner11

Germany 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
:delete
Post #850899 19th Aug 2020 1:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1