↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Pillar trim replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Pillar trim replacement
Anyone know if there is a recall or TSB for pillar trims? My car went in yesterday and was supposed to have been returned today after a new rear Passenger door window seal and roof rail trims as well as roof rails and crossbars were fitted but I’ve just had a phone call to tell me that they want to keep the car another day because they have a notice to replace pillar trims that won’t be delivered to them until tomorrow morning. There was no mention of whether it’s interior or exterior trim or which pillars. I checked the A Pillar trims before taking delivery because of a posting here and they were OK on my car. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #845514 23rd Jul 2020 5:23pm
J77

Scotland 
My D5 had to get A pillar trim replaced, even though it was fine on my one LR still wanted it replaced.

Something on topix

“L663 tapping wind noise from A pillar area”
Post #845522 23rd Jul 2020 5:39pm
Tim in Scotland

Ahhhh, thanks J. There will be a few people looking forward to that then as several people have complained about a rattle near the windscreen Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #845523 23rd Jul 2020 6:11pm
J77

Scotland 
There’s also something about windscreen mouldings tapping noise.

This is what’s showing on topix

Click image to enlarge
Post #845527 23rd Jul 2020 6:58pm
merrion13

United States 
Wonder if it could be the B Pillar. Per the other "Defender Rattles" post that seems to be an area of some noises. I talked to my service advisor today and brought up that noise, and he said they didn't show any evidence of that problem yet, unlike the TSB on the windshield tapping already noted.
Post #845550 23rd Jul 2020 8:58pm
Stephen Park

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 HT Indus Silver
Apparently A pillar plastic exterior trim is on back order, so possibly an issue. Worth inspecting closely after replacement as it requires careful masking between the black band at the top and the bottom before the centre section is colour coded.
Post #845578 23rd Jul 2020 11:16pm
Tim in Scotland

Just had a phone call to say my car is ready for collection but the pillar trims haven’t been done as they are on back order - I kind of expected that thanks to Stephen’s post! Also they cannot find anything wrong with the tracker system that would be triggering false tampering reports........ Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #845692 24th Jul 2020 12:18pm
KBKLR

United Kingdom 
Tim, did your trims get sorted. I am hoping to pick mine up today - do you know if new trims were fitted or were the original trims refitted?
Post #869339 24th Nov 2020 2:17pm
Tim in Scotland

No I had complete replacements - there was a TSB covering certain VINs and any car built since mid July should not have the issue as a new design of trim/securing was fitted. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #869344 24th Nov 2020 2:46pm
KBKLR

United Kingdom 
Many thanks Tim
Post #869446 24th Nov 2020 10:33pm
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Well done to Land Rover to admitting there's a fault and then doing something about it.
We had an Mercedes A Class. Dreadful tapping and vibrations from the drivers B Pillar. Mercedes went from adding a bit of grease to denial to 'Madam, you may need to accept it as a feature of the car'.
Post #869500 25th Nov 2020 9:39am
Tim in Scotland

They still haven’t admitted to the issue of the rubber seals on the door window corners tapping on the door frame (B pillar rattle) - easily fixed with a dab of Silicone glue on the rubber although I found when I went round my doors that the near side rear door already had a double sided sticky pad between the flappy bit of seal and the door frame but it had dried out and come unstuck.......... the dab of sealant has cured or prevented it on all my door frames and when I pointed this out to my local dealer they now check for the same thing before they even deliver a new car! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #869516 25th Nov 2020 11:01am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
SSM 74962 - Rear Door Seal Touching to Quarter Glass 5th Aug

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #883784 7th Feb 2021 3:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top