↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Nice Paint Job
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Nice Paint Job
Nice paint job? Well it would be if they hadn't painted the Union Jack upside down. What makes it worse is that it cost £900,000. I'm beginning to lose faith in this government.

Click image to enlarge
 Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #839828 26th Jun 2020 11:44am
Philm

United Kingdom 
The Flag is correct if flying from the front of the vertical stabiliser.
Post #839829 26th Jun 2020 11:54am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
The flag is a bit of a school boy error Shocked

£900k for a paint job which, lets be fair about it, is just a white plane with a flag and some lettering does seem a bit steep, even in the world of aircraft maintenance.

I lost faith in our Government years ago. We seem like we get the wrong kind of people in the leadership of our political parties in this country. They all seem to be in it to satisfy their egos rather than in it to serve.

That plane just looks like someone wants their own Airforce One, doesn't it? You would think that the RAF had enough planes that our PM could borrow one when he needs it rather than having to have his own one with a custom paint job.

Good job our economy is doing so well that we can afford to spend on frivolous rubbish like this Whistle
Post #839830 26th Jun 2020 11:58am
Tim in Scotland

With so little of the Union Flag shown maybe the text should just read Englandshire on the fuselage......... just like this government who seems to think that the UK ends at the M25 travelling out of London. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #839837 26th Jun 2020 12:19pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Don't worry Tim, now that Boris has his own plane it won't be long before Nicola has one with the Saltire on the tail. Rolling with laughter Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #839838 26th Jun 2020 12:23pm
Tim in Scotland

I’m an expat from Portsmouth, only lived a short while here (since 1964 so don’t yet count as a local.....)
I bet President / Dictator Sturgeon is thanking her lucky stars that she didn’t make the country independent in 2016 with the fall out of C-19.........and the crash of the oil industry.
It must have been a shock for Boris and Rees-Mog that there was a place in the U.K. called Durham when Cumming’s escaped to his country home during lock down Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #839841 26th Jun 2020 12:38pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I really think that we should keep a sense of proportion here, £900,000 really isn't very much at all. After all, the predicted cost of HS2 (before budget overruns) would be that much each week every week for the next 2,500 years! Shocked

I thought also that it was only a "Union Jack" when it was (a) actually a flag (not an image) and (b) when flown from the jackstaff of a ship.

That, it strikes me, is what you get when you give £900,000 to a focus group consisting of numbskulls and ask for a rebranding.
Post #839858 26th Jun 2020 1:40pm
Tim in Scotland

The para about the Union Jack flown from the Jack Staff is correct, when flown ashore the correct name is the Union Flag. I used to have problems getting Red Ensigns to fly as a courtesy flag when visiting UK ports on my Singapore registered ships - ship chandlers (even UK based chandlers) would supply a Union Flag instead - under the Merchant Shipping Acts it is an offence to approach or enter a UK port showing the incorrect courtesy flag or none at all........... the Union Jack was only hoisted on the Jack Staff when the first mooring rope was landed to the shore. How standards (excuse the flag pun) have slipped - the only time I ever saw the P code flag (aka the Blue Peter) was when we had British crew on the ship, foreign ratings never seemed to know it’s significance. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #839862 26th Jun 2020 1:52pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
given how many BA planes are "furloughed"........it would have been cheaper to make them an offer............

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british...-m50j2dvjn
Post #839882 26th Jun 2020 4:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1