↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Blow up Kayak for Highland lochs ? NC500
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Average summer temperature of Loch Lomond is less than 14C, it is filled by many streams that are mountain snow melt and is very very deep. I used to windsurf on the Loch mostly in a 5mm winter steamer Wetsuit even in summer, we had to have a very long calm spell or it was September/October Before I wore 3mm summer suit!

My neighbours have both an inflatable canoe and an inflatable SUP - the SUP is wider than the canoe so is more stable. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #842792 9th Jul 2020 4:13pm
Bogblaster

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Adventure Corris Grey
I have both rigid and inflatable kayaks. I bit the bullet and bought a Sea Eagle Explorer 380X, was about £1200, I have never looked back. Check out the YouTube video Sea Eagle torture test.

I bought a shallow water skeg as my first experience with no skeg in shallow wateralmost made me cry.

We’ve done 15 miles down the River Wye and also fished for mackerel out from shore as Salcombe, they’re expensive because they’re excellent.

ATB

BB 2019 MY Disco 5 HSE Lux
Audi A4 Avant 3.0L TDI Quattro - WOW
2016 90 Adventure
Post #850430 17th Aug 2020 5:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12