↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > My new New Defender iT / app issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Chugga90

Tim in Scotland wrote:
LRCS are now on the case!

Probably easier to grow a new bum hole than expect anything to get solved by them lot!
Good luck.
Post #837818 17th Jun 2020 2:39pm
Tim in Scotland

After 2 hours sat in the sun on my drive it’s computers have obviously decided that that was long enough of a sulk and I have sensors and cameras back............. Never get these sort of problems with a real Defender Rolling with laughter Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #837821 17th Jun 2020 3:30pm
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
hope you get it sorted Tim I know the feeling well land rover are not the best for customer service its Ealey days yet but they have to response to your complaint if not you can reject the car as its not fit for purpose eg if its on the car it should work . I hope it doesn't come to this
Post #837824 17th Jun 2020 3:36pm
Tim in Scotland

I’ve had an acknowledgement yesterday mid-morning that they have received my PM and that it has been passed to the relevant Dept after I sent the phone and vehicle details. There is a possibility that my new iPhone SE’s software is the problem as there have recently been 2 software upgrades for that. I haven’t checked my car’s build date in Topix but it might have been built before the SE was launched in April and updated in May and earlier this month. I doubt though that that is what is stopping the dash from “Signing In” - that could be an issue with the cars own SIM for over the air updates and so on. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #837836 17th Jun 2020 4:07pm
Tim in Scotland

Thursday evening - the car has sat frying on the drive all day as we aren’t supposed to travel more than 5 miles from home up here. To water the newly reseeded patches on my front lawn I had to shift both cars and wow, when I started up the new one the centre screen started booting up so I though I would have another try at putting in my personal preferences and was surprised that on tapping the settings icon I didn’t get Signing In and a forever rotating icon then nothing! Tonight I have full configurability of the big centre screen and what a lot there is to play with in there now I can get in. First job was to set up the reverse dip for the passenger door mirror so I can see if I will scuff an alloy reversing out of my drive. Also I can now select the various views in the cams and the 360 parking assistant and units for the main dash........ might have a play with setting up the audio and pair my phone etc tomorrow because without being signed in I couldn’t do any of those prior to tonight. Have also now been able to set up the global entry and closing. Hopefully tomorrow I might even be able to see if the elective items listed in the iGuide have been enabled at PDI or not - things like speed sensitive wipers etc that you have to read the manual to find out what they all are - just the same as my last RRS and both Evoques, there’s a whole load of dealer enabled/ disable functions you only find out about from forums or reading the manual! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #838142 18th Jun 2020 8:00pm
Chugga90

Good to hear you are making progress.
Do you have a self healing car, or some black magic remote access by Land Rover?
Thumbs Up
Post #838194 19th Jun 2020 6:36am
Tim in Scotland

The new ones have over the air updating - like my previous Mini had two years ago. I never had to find satnav map updates, I would get a message on the dash stating that an update had been received and did I want to apply the update now or later!
I don’t know if LR iT remotely accessed the car to fix it. I’ve been using over the air computer network system updates onboard ships for many years and it always amazed me that a ship in mid Pacific Ocean miles from anywhere could be updated over satellite yet cars couldn’t be updated remotely over 4G until very recently. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #838198 19th Jun 2020 6:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12