↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > NHS discount with BLACKCIRCLES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RoddyK05

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Yellow
NHS discount with BLACKCIRCLES
Having decided not to try and shoehorn my old 750s onto my new Blindos I was looking about at what I could fit. I decided on a set of 235 Michelin Latitudes (265 were looking a bit too wide for my liking) and had a look online. BLACKCIRCLES was ok on price but then I noticed there was a NHS discount of 15% available. You need to apply and prove you work for the NHS - I just sent a pic of my ID badge - and they send you a discount. I saved around £82 on my set which is a very handy saving indeed. I think it runs until the end of June if this is of use to anyone. It’s booked in for a week on Monday when I have a day off so I’ll post pics of my new wheels and tyres once they are on - fair looking forward to seeing them on Thumbs Up
Post #836871 12th Jun 2020 8:04pm
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Bargain! Don’t need any rubber yet unfortunately Big Cry
Post #836873 12th Jun 2020 8:14pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Nice one. And thanks for all the work you put in with the NHS. Tough times recently, you deserve the discount. Thumbs Up
Post #836883 12th Jun 2020 8:53pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
I work for an online store selling discounted bike stuff..
We make our money buy passing discounts on from suppliers and we make enough.

I get asked multiple times, literally daily, if we do NHS, or ‘blue light’, or military discount.
We aren’t a big multi-national company, like Costa with their 400% profits, so we can’t always do it, if there’s wiggle room, we will.

We occasionally get abrasive remarks when we say we don’t, or they don’t reply.
A lady NHS worker on Thursday demanded that we should give her a discount as she wanted to buy her husband a bike (already discounted by 25%), i eventually pacified her (she hung up) By saying that we don’t discriminate against other workers!

I applaud the NHS, obviously, but like in all workplaces, there’s some individuals that aren’t that pleasant!
Post #836921 13th Jun 2020 5:55am
drakes

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 HT Auto Belize Green
ATS Euromaster offer various discounts on different services for all NHS and "bluelight". You just need to show an ID card or apply for a "bluelight" card. Same discounts are available for members of the forces
Post #836959 13th Jun 2020 10:07am
RoddyK05

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 SW Yellow
GREENI wrote:

I get asked multiple times, literally daily, if we do NHS, or ‘blue light’, or military discount.
We aren’t a big multi-national company, like Costa with their 400% profits, so we can’t always do it, if there’s wiggle room, we will.

A lady NHS worker on Thursday demanded that we should give her a discount as she wanted to buy her husband a bike (already discounted by 25%), i eventually pacified her (she hung up) By saying that we don’t discriminate against other workers!

I applaud the NHS, obviously, but like in all workplaces, there’s some individuals that aren’t that pleasant!

I totally agree GREENI. There are folk in my work I would avoid never mind give a discount to! I tend not to ask for a discount but if one is offered or advertised I’ll not be knocking it back. My neighbour is a physio in a large Glasgow hospital and was in B&M recently to be told the NHS discount was coming to an end. She actually had the cheek to say “well the virus hasn’t come to an end!”. Some folk are never happy I suppose. I actually feel very fortunate working for the NHS as there is little chance of being made redundant etc so I have mixed feelings about the adulation etc we are getting. Yes it is fantastic that people appreciate the work that the Service is doing, but I honestly feel the poor folk who are being laid off, furloughed and the like are in more need of help, discounts and handouts than those of us who are offered regular O/T as well as our full working week. We also get loads of grub - swanky restaurant cooked meals, Dominoes, trays of cakes and buns, sweets by the box, cases of drinks (including alcohol initially) all handed in for our consumption. Yes, yes, yes it is all totally appreciated but I think local food banks would benefit more from these donations to help the ever increasing number of people who are struggling to make ends meet.
I just want to say again how much we do indeed appreciate all your gratitude and thanks, I hope this doesn’t sound like we don’t.
Post #836983 13th Jun 2020 12:44pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Roddy, thanks for your comment, I was not sure of what response I would get..
I read your first post to Mrs G and then read my reply....
She has worked in the NHS, including the private sector for 25plus years and she said EXACTLY the same as you, she feels for the people who are facing redundancies right now, as well as those who have lost family members.
She’s the nicest person I’ve ever met, always sees the good in people (luckily for me) and it was nice to read her your response, you’re obviously an okey dokey blokey Thumbs Up
Post #837013 13th Jun 2020 6:51pm
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
GREENI wrote:

To be honest, all the discounts, free food and queue-jumping was getting, well, embarrassing. I also felt a little as if ‘don’t clap me for just doing my job’ by the end of the Thursdays - as did others I know. The really brave are those identified as being more at risk still working in ‘red’ areas.

It was still a lovely bunch of gestures at a very difficult time, but like others I now just feel very lucky to have a job - which this pandemic has made even more secure. That’s more than enough.
Post #837050 13th Jun 2020 9:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1