↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Urban Truck 'Cruiser' alloy wheel 18' - anybody have them?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
90GTR

2016 Defender 90 V8 Petrol Works V8 Auto Santorini Black
Urban Truck 'Cruiser' alloy wheel 18' - anybody have them?
I've been looking at these gloss black Urban Truck defender wheels, however just a bit undecided on whether these are the wheels I want to fit.

Anybody fitted them / any 'real life' pictures?

Also, which tyres did you use / how do you find them? The Defender I hoping to replace them on have some 16inch wheels with Cooper Discover STT tyres...

(or perhaps someone is selling a set??)
Post #829488 6th May 2020 10:11am
ChrisCSL

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hi,

I have 'Cruisers' on my truck. They look great (in my eyes). The are offset so no need for spacers which means they fill the wheel arches nicely. I did have a little issue with mine which you can search for details on. Urban Automotive were great and replaced them with brand new without any argument. Great professional service from them. I run the wheels with BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 tyres which are great and review incredibly well. I've not run the Coopers but people that do seem to rate them also.

Wheels are one of the biggest things to transform the look of your truck. I love the Cruisers, Land Rover's Sawtooth and good old fashion wolf steel wheels. Depends what look you are going for overall. Here's some pics to help:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Good luck with your choice.

Cheers
Chris
Post #829503 6th May 2020 1:43pm
90GTR

Thanks Chris for the informative reply (have also ready your previous post). Your defender looks well indeed. They'll also be going on a black 90 so will look v.much like yours!

How long did you have them on for them to do that?

Glad they sorted them, hopefully their issue whether batch or not has been sorted, don't want to have to fit and then re sort etc.

The wheels on their at the minute are offset ET10 or ET0 as they literally stick flush to the arches. Vehicle has a great road presence but just thinking to put a larger wheel / more road friendly tyre on it.
Post #829513 6th May 2020 3:03pm
ChrisCSL

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hi,

The wheels were on the truck for about two years before the problem. Urban said they hadn't seen it before but the dealt with it well so no issue from me. The wheels also fit flush exactly (width) to the arches.

I also have Bilstein U-B6 Performance Damper Kit which makes the truck sit a little lower however the 18" wheels puts it back to thereabouts the original height. The suspension makes a massive difference to driving on road with the anti-roll bars. Corners flat and gets rid of the "Defender bounce". A great upgrade if the Defender is used mostly on road.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Chris
Post #829515 6th May 2020 3:45pm
90GTR

Eitherway very glad it got sorted easily.

Yes the full suspension setup was on the list, but was leading toward a JE setup, their kit is really wonderful to look at!
Post #829518 6th May 2020 4:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1